Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Sweet Pumpkin!

It is simple Saturday.....or that is was I trying to do when I created this card. 
I am not sure that this is super simple, but I love the way it turned out!
I am such a fall lover!  And with the cooler temps we've had lately.....
it feels like fall already (which I am lovin')!

So today I'm sharing another card I made this morning using the  
'Harvest Hellos' stamp set!
WOW- I used the NEW Apple Builder Punch to cut out my pumpkin!

I stamped everything here using the NEW Copper Metallic ink!
Look at this NEW little leaf punch!!  
It is from the Every Seasons Punch Pack (snowflakes, heart, bat & leaf)
- pg. 50 in the NEW Holiday Catalog.

This leaf punch isn't suppose to coordinate with the leaf in this
'Harvest Hellos' stamp set......but it works great!!  
It punches most of the leaf out- except a little bit on the bottom of it- 
which doesn't even show. 
I had a hard time trying to decide what color this Come to Gather DSP was.  
I ended up using the Gray Granite with it & think it looks perfect!
(I tried Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate & Sahara Sand & none of them looked good.)
stamp set:  'Harvest Hellos'
card stock:
  • Cajun Craze-2" strip, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2'- score at 4 1/4" for card base
  • Mossy Meadow- 3/4" strip- stamp leaves onto & punch out with leaf punch
  • Early Espresso- 1/2" strip- punch out pumpkin stem
  • Gray Granite-  3" strip- cut out large Stitched Shape largest square
  • Whisper White-  2" strip- stamp words & punch out with 1 1/2" Circle Punch, 2 3/4" strip- cut out Stitched Shapes 2nd to largest square
designer paper:  Come to Gather DSP
ink:  Copper Metallic
other:  Apple Builder Punch, 1 1/2" Circle Punch, Every Season Punch Pack (small leaf), Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Shapes Die (squares), dimensionals, Glue Dots

So leave me a message & let me know what you think of this card.
You can also check out these other cards I have previously posted using this Apple Builder Punch!
+++++++++
Yesterday was a very long day.  It started out early with selling hogs!  And then it was a busy day with the kids.  The 3 big boys got of of school early, so they were here about 2:15.  We played outside most of the day.....it was another gorgeous day!

Last night we went to the races.  Deke, me & Deke's brother (Doug)- all headed to Columbus Junction, following Nathan, Sarah & the kids, who took the truck/trailer/race car.  There were 18 stock cars there.  Nathan won his heat!  He was leading the main & got hit in the back end going into turn 1 (which made him spin).   I thought he was going to roll.  Thankfully while he was sitting there during that caution, no one hit him as they were coming around the corner.  He had to go to the back of the field on the restart & they also sent the guy that hit him to the back too.  You could tell that he was mad, as he went from the tail up to 5th place.  He was flying & looked good.  Then with only 3 laps to go, on a restart (due to caution caused by someone else)- his front right tie rod broke & he had to pull in- so he didn't finish the race!  Such a bummer!!!  But thankfully no one got hurt & the car wasn't torn up.  It was late when we got home & we went right to bed.  

This morning I was up early to get this card created for today's blog post.  I have LOTS of stamping I have to get done today.  Tonight the guys are racing again......but I am going to stay home & get caught up on things here.  So I pray I good mojo & I get alot done today!!

Gotta run......
I hope you have a SENSATIONAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. I love your card and the layout Susie! I finally broke down and bought the metallic inks and they clean up just like you said..so easy! The copper ink on this card gives it such a rich touch! Now I have another bundle to want (Every Season Bundle)! That leaf punch works awesome for this card! Have a great Labor Day weekend! Thank you for sharing...Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn!!! Glad you like it!! Yes- the Copper is very rich looking. I totally agree! Thanks for the comment & sweet words!! Happy Stamping!! Hugs- SUSIE

      Delete