Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

A Poinsettia card & some more sneak peeks!

Well.......check it out!! I mentioned to you in a post on 8/6/19 that I was going to make a Poinsettia card using the Tasteful Backgrounds Dies, as I thought that the flowers looked like they could be Poinsettia's.

So here is my card I created last night with these Tasteful Backgrounds Dies!  What do you think?  Do you think that they look look like Poinsettia's? 

You can CLICK HERE TO SEE the card that I posted on 8/6/19, using these Tasteful Backgrounds Dies. 

Can you tell that I shadow stamped the words, using 2 different colors of ink?  Look at them closely!  
How did I do that?  
  1. Stamp the words onto the Whisper White card stock using the NEW Golden Glitz Metallic ink pad.
  2. Clean the stamp.
  3. Stamp the words again, slightly being off- over the top of the gold words, using Cherry Cobbler ink.  
It isn't neat how you can see the gold edge shadow on the words!  I think it makes it really pretty & elegant.  
 
I also used some NEW Holiday Catalog products for sneak peeks!  They will be available for you to purchase when the Holiday Catalog begins on 9/4/19!  

Check out these NEW sneak peek products-
  1. DSP- It is from the Wrapped in Plaid 6x6 DSP pack.
  2. Ribbon- It is Cherry Cobbler Diagonal Stripe Ribbon.
  3. Words- They are from the 'Peaceful Boughs' stamp set.
  4. Ink- It is the Golden Glitz Metallic ink pad.  
*This is what the words looked like when I stamped them using the Gold Glitz Metallic ink. Before I stamped the Cherry Cobbler over the tops of it! 
Here are the supplies & measurements to make this card-
stamp set:  'Peaceful Boughs'
card stock:
  • Cherry Cobbler-  5 1/2 x 8 1/2- score at 4 1/4" for card base; 3 3/4 x 3"
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4"; 2 3/4 x 2 3/4"
designer paper:  Wrapped in Plaid- 5 1/4 x 2"
inks:  Cherry Cobbler, Gold Glitz Mettallic
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Tasteful Backgrounds Dies, Gold Faceted Gems, dimensionals, Glue Dots, Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Stripe Ribbon- 8"


1 comment:

  1. Pretty card. Love how you used the background die as a poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete