Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2019

'Vibrant Vases' & the Vases Builder Punch!

Look at the embossing folder in the background of this card.   I used the Lovely Floral Embossing folder.  It is so pretty & just makes this card pop!

If you would look inside my house you would be able to tell that I love shades of grays & browns.  I designed this card to coordinate with the Wood Textures DSP.  In the photo the DSP looks more brown....but in person you can see all of the grays in it.  

I shadow stamped the flowers onto a 2 3/4" strip of Whisper White card stock using the Powder Pink ink pad & then punch it out using the 2" Circle Punch.  I added the Wink of Stella over the top of them.  

I stamped the vase onto a 2" strip of Whisper White card stock using the Gray Granite ink pad & punched it out using the Vase Builder punch. 
stamp set:  'Vibrant Vases'- Occasions Catalog- pg. 23
card stock:
  • Basic Gray-
  • Gray Granite-
  • Powder Pink- RETIRING In Color
  • Whisper White
designer paper:  Wood Textures DSP
ink:  Powder Pink, Gray Granite
other:  Starburst Punch, 2" Circle Punch, Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon, Share What You Love Pearls, Pearlized Doilies, Big Shot, Standard Platform, Lovely Floral Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Wink of Stella, Paper Snips, Vases Builder Punch
+++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  It was also the first night of racing for the 2019 season.  Ainslee got sick on Tuesday night- so I offered to stay home with her since it was so cold & windy out.  Trey decided he wanted to stay with us too, so the 3 of us hung out all night together.  I worked on stamping stuff when they left. 

Nathan didn't have a great night racing.  He got 5th in his heat & didn't finish the main, as he had motor problems.   

Deke & I are up early this morning at 5 to mark, sort & load hogs.  I'll then head to town to take the big boys to school & spend my day with the 3 little ones.

I have a roaster of pork cooking......so we'll all have a yummy supper.  I'll be sending a couple crock pots of meat with Nathan to his work tomorrow too- for an office luncheon he is doing.  

Tonight I'll be cutting card stock & working on my swap!!!  LOTS to do yet before I mhead to Minnesota tomorrow morning for a couple of Stampin' Up! Events. 

I hope you have a great Thursday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card!! You are an amazing woman. Every time I read your posts they tire me out lol! I can't believe how much you do for your family and still have time for all the amazing work you do associated with your stamping. Between the farming, taking care of the grand kids, cooking, now racing season and on top of all that planning and prepping stamp classes. I just don't know how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete