Pages

Monday, April 15, 2019

Flowers & 'Vertical Greetings'

Here is a pretty Spring card using some flowers from the 'Dear Doily' stamp set & the horizontal words from the 'Vertical Greetings' stamp set.

Check out how I used the stemmed leaves image from the Petal Pair Embossing folder along the right/middle edge.  

I love this DSP!  It is from the Nature's Poem DSP pack. 

This card is one of the cards that everyone at my April monthly classes got to make.   

NOTE:  The Doily Builder Framelits that go with this stamp set are SOLD OUT & will not be available again.  But the stamp set- 'Dear Doily' is still available to purchase. 
How did I color the flowers/leaves?  
  1. I did a direct to stamp technique.  
  2. I used Stampin' Write Markers & colored (using the brush tip (fat) end of them) directly onto the stamp.  
  3. And then I stamped it onto a strip of Whisper White CS & punched it out. 
stamp set: 'Vertical Greetings' & 'Dear Doily' 
card stock:  
  • Shaded Spruce- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4- fold in half for card base; 3 1/4 x 3 1/4; 2 3/4" strip- punch out circle with the 2 1/4" Circle Punch
  • Mint Macaron- 5 x 3 3/4"
  • Whisper White- 5 x 4 1/4"- for inside of the card; 2 3/4" strip- stamp flower/stem on it & punch it out with the 2" Circle Punch
designer paper:  Nature's Poem DSP- 3 x 3"
ink:  Shaded Spruce
Stampin' Write Markers:  Mint Macaron, Highland Heather
other:  2 1/4" Circle Punch, 2" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Standard Platform, Petal Pair Embossing Folder, Nature's Twine (Mint Macaron-)- 6", Dimensionals, Glue Dots
++++++++
Wow- what a weekend we had!  It was great!!  I am soooooo blessed to have SU! & my team, along with many other demonstrator friends- in my life!  PLUS all of you- my friends & customers!!!  My dear friend LeeAnn & I both got honored for our Million Dollar Sales Milestone.  We both had several team members there with us to help celebrate.  My team got us all matching t-shirts about this & a huge bouquet of balloons.  I was surprised & felt so special.  

Saturday morning we were all up early & attended an all day stamping event called On Stage.  We got to see the new upcoming annual catalog & several demonstrations/training sessions.   Then that evening I hosted a supper/stamping/swapping event for my team, LeeAnn's team & my friend Lorrie's team too.  It was great!  We all had a wonderful time stamping & visiting & sharing!  And we even had some SU! employees stop by to see us & visit.  It was great!!!!  

It is a long trip to Minneapolis & back.  But thankfully Manda went with me (along with Lynda & my Aunt Kathy).   Manda drove us up & back- so that was great for me!  I am just so glad that Manda  went with me.  It was great to spend the weekend with her & then all of my team that joined us too!

I have LOTS of pictures on my camera- so I'll hopefully get them downloaded after work tonight or Tuesday night- so that I can share them with you!!!

We got home mid afternoon yesterday.  I unloaded the car, unpacked my bag, got some laundry done & answered emails!  Deke didn't get in very early, so I we had a late supper of homemade pizza & called it a night.

This morning we are up early!  Deke is off to chore & head to the courthouse for his weekly board meeting there.  I'm headed to town to Manda's, will take the twins to school & then spend my day with the 3 little ones.  The twins will ride the bus here after school.  I'm hoping to get Brody's hair cut then.  There is a pre-school meeting tonight too- so not sure if I'll have kids for awhile during that time yet or not.  

NOTE:  I am sorry that I didn't get to post while I was gone this past weekend.  I didn't even have time to turn on my computer & it was after midnight both nights before I got to bed. 
Thanks for stopping by......I'll share another cute card again tomorrow, so be sure you stop back by. 
Gotta run....
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment