Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

'Flowering Desert'- a CUTE Catus!

This is another one of my cards everyone attending my All Occasions Card classes made last month.  I just really like the way it turned out!  

When I first saw this stamp set- I wasn't in love with it.  But the more I have played with it- I love it!  It is so fun & easy to use.  It has endless possibilities for sure in creating so many different projects with it.

You can see another cactus card I made, using this same stamp set by CLICKING HERE!
I combined alot of different products here, that are in the Occasions catalog. 

I stamped all of the images using the Old Olive ink.  But when I stamped 2 of the plant images- I stamped them off one time on my grid paper first- before stamping them onto my Whisper White square- so that they are slightly lighter.  Do you ever do this?  It is a great way to get more use out of just one color of an ink pad & getting a light & dark image!

stamp set:  'Flowering Desert'
card stock:
  • Old Olive- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base
  • Pear Pizzazz- 5 x 3 3/4"
  • Lovely Lipstick-  3 1/4" strip- cut out using the largest Scalloped Square Framelit; 1/2" strip- punch out little flower & using a glue dot stick it onto the cactus. 
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4- stamp greeting on for the inside of the card; 2 3/4 x 2 3/4- stamp with cactus/plants on; 1/2" strip- stamp words onto & using your Paper Snips- cut to desired length & attach over the narrow DSP strip. 
designer paper:  All My Love DSP- 3 3/4 x 1"; 3 3/4 x 1/2"
ink:  Old Olive
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Layering Square Framelits, Bitty Blooms Punch, Basic Rhinestone, Old Olive Linen Thread- 12" fold in half & tie a bow, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Paper Snips
 ++++++++
Yesterday was another great day of stamping!  We had a great group & wonderful hostesses.  They brought yummy treats, had a super cute decorated table & were lots of help!  

I was beat when I got home last night.  I did a few things & ended up falling asleep on the couch- while waiting on Deke to come in from the field.  

This morning we are up early.  Deke is off to chore & head to the courthouse for his weekly board meeting.  I'm up to unload my car, put away some stamp stuff & head to town to get the boys.  I'll spend my day with the 3 little ones.  And tonight I"ll be burning the midnight oil stamping!

I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment