Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Black & Yellow butterflies!

I was thinking monarch butterflies & spring when I created this!  

OR maybe I was thinking Iowa Hawkeyes, Sigourney Savages or Tri-County Trojans- since Black & Yellow are all of their school colors.

Check out the butterfly.  I colored them using the Light & Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends & then added the Wink of Stella over the top of them.  You can see the sparkle here in the photo if you look closely.

This is one of the cards that everyone joining me for my On Stage Stampin' Event in Minneapolis got to make. 
Notice the little white flowers one the front.  They are made using the reverse image cut out of the Florentine framelit.  I didn't like the flowers black, so cut some that were white- just for the card.   When I added the little yellow sequins to them- it really made them pop. 

stamp set:  'Butterfly Gala' & 'Painted Glass'
card stock:
  • Basic Black-
  • Daffodil Delight-
  • Whisper White-
designer paper: Gingham Gala
ink:  Black Memento
Stampin' Blends:  Light & Dark Daffodil Delight
other:  Gingham Gala Sequins, Wink of Stella, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Florentine Framelit, Butterfly Duet punch, dimensionals, Glue dots
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  It was gorgeous day outside & we were out there for several hours.  The kids all rode in the tractor with Deke for awhile, played on the swing set, rode their trikes, ran & played!  It was great!!

When everyone went home I worked on stamping stuff all night.  I had LOTS of boxes of orders that I got sorted, bagged & ready to get to their owners!  And then did a little stamping.  And Deke worked late in the field, trying to get as much done as he can before it rains. 

This morning we are up early.  Deke is off to chore & head to his office at the courthouse.  I'm up to work on stamping stuff until I get the kids for the day.  

Tonight we are all suppose to go to the races in Osky.  We'll see if it rains or not.  I'd love to go........so I hope we get to & that Mother Nature doesn't ruin our plans.  

Please keep my step-sister Pam's husband, Brian Krogmeier in your prayers.  He was electrocuted at work on Friday & air cared to Iowa City.  They did surgery for several hours to try to get blood flow to his feet.  He has had a rough road thus far & will continue to in the coming weeks, months & years.  He has surgery again today & I pray that all goes well.  He is a great guy & it is just so sad that they are going through all of this.  It just breaks my heart. 

Gotta run.....
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment