Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Nathan & Sarah's wedding invitation!

What have I been doing every spare minute I've had the past week??  I've been making 200 wedding invitations for Nathan & Sarah's upcoming wedding.  And they are FINALLY DONE!

Steven, Amanda, Sarah & Aunt Kathy have all had a little hand in helping me with them in one way or another last week.  But last night I got the belly bands on all of them, they are in their envelopes, the postage stamps & the address labels are on all of them.  And they will all be going to the post office today & to get mailed out!  Woo Hoo!!  

My very talented son-in-law Steven, designed the map (inside) & the monogram on the front on the invitation shown here.  He did them in his print shop on the computer.  

Sarah's colors are Blackberry Bliss, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla.  And the tables at the reception will have burlap on them- so I embossed the belly band to add texture to them to go with that theme.
I used our new Trio Corner Punch on the outside flap & inside of the invitation to help add some dimension.
So what does 200 wedding invites look like?  Well- there are 100 of them shown here in the box- all ready to do.  And there are 100 of them laying on the table that I still had to finish getting finished & in the envelopes.  
++++++
Oh my....we've had a rotten week so far..... as our dear Chocolate Lab Nestle passed away yesterday.  She was between 12-14 years old.  We aren't positive how old she was when we adopted her several years ago.  It was really tough on all of us!  The passed away peacefully in her sleep.  So that is a blessing in itself.  The boys got a quick lesson in death & burying.  The twins weren't really old enough to understand it all.  I'm sure they'll have alot of questions & will still be talking about it today.  Brayden took it really hard.  Nestle was definitely part of our family & she will be greatly missed by all of us.  

Thus....my friend Katy found Nestle for us several years ago......and she's been on a hunt to help us find another family dog.  We have a few dogs we are inquiring about at local animal shelters.  I bet we'll have a new dog before the end of the week.  Nestle can't ever be replaced........but we hope to find a new addition to our family to love & enjoy for the next several years.  So I'll share our venture on dog hunting with you in the coming days.

Deke worked late in the fields.  Nathan, Sarah, Brayden & Masen were here for a bit going over wedding things.  And I then burnt the midnight oil & tried to get caught up on a few things in the house after I get the invites all done.

This morning I'm headed to town to pick up the boys.  Deke will be on the farm all day.  We are all excited that we'll be getting new baby piggies today!  My mom is coming to our home this morning to keep Masen for me & the 3 Seeley boys will be going out to farm with G'ma & Papa today.

Tonight Deke will be working the fields late again.  And Sarah, Jenn, Manda & myself are going to get dresses for the wedding altered by my friend Sharlene.  I'll then be burning the midnight oil when I get home working on stamping stuff.

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE 

No comments:

Post a Comment