Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chalked leaves.....aren't they stunning!

Here are some beautiful chalked leaves that I did.  This card was one of the 6 cards I created this month for everyone to make that joined me for my October monthly classes.  This was a really fun & easy & card.  It is just stunning in person!
I've made lots of cards using the cool stamp set of various leaves.  And they all are beautiful.....yet different in many ways!  This is a very modern stamp of leaves.  And I do love it!

Did you notice that I didn't chalk the Blackberry Bliss leaf.  I did stamp the leaf image using the Soft Suede ink onto the Blackberry Bliss card stock & cut it out with the framelit.  I should have saved the first one I did where I did use the chalk marker on it.  It just did not look good.....looked it was a mess....thus.....the Blackberry Bliss leaf became a background shadow look instead!

stamp set:  'Lighthearted Leaves'
card stock:  Thick Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Delightful Dijon, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White
ink:  Soft Suede
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Leaflets Framelits, 2" Circle Punch, Woodland Embossing Folder, White Chalk Marker, Gold Cording Trim, Gold Glitter Trim, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

+++++
Yesterday was a pretty much a carbon copy of our past week.....chores, meetings, boys, stamping & working in the field.  Deke & I both burnt the midnight oil working.  Sarah visited for awhile after work when she picked up Masen & then Brayden, Kimi (his mom) & little brother Jacobi stopped by to visit too.  They brought me a beautiful big rock with a dog paw print on it that says- "always in our hearts" in rememberance of Nestle.  Brayden is going to help me find a spot in our yard to keep it.  Nestle is buried behind our house....but I'm sure Deke doesn't want to mow around the stone, so we'll find a nice place in the front of house in our rock landscaping to put the big rock they brought. 

This morning I'm off to pick up the boys & head back out here to our home.  My Aunt Kathy is coming down shortly to stay at our home with Masen.  As we get more baby piggies today....so the 3 Seeley boys will head outside & be little farmers today with Papa & G'ma.  The boys are excited to get to see Joe (our feed salesman) & Josh (our truck driver- which just happens to be my 2nd cousin too).

This afternoon I'm planning a trip to the animal shelter to pick up our new dog!  And I'll be taking the 4 boys with me to meet her.  I pray that the adoption goes through or we are going to have 4 really disappointed little boys & a sad G'ma & Papa too.  The boys have all seen photos of Cocoa & I have my fingers & toes crossed she comes home with us, is a good dog & fits into our family well (which means she likes our cats & piggies too).  She has big shoes to fill following Nestle.....so we all need to be patient in training her & getting her adjusted to her new home.

Tonight is the same old routine again around here.....although Brayden is staying with us all night too.  He is super excited to get to go to the field & ride in the tractor with Papa for awhile.  As Deke will be working again until after midnight.  And I'll be burning the midnight oil stamping!  Woo hoo!

I hope you have a very special Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment