Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A beautiful Poinsettia card!

I wasn't sure that I really liked this poinsettia set when I first saw it in the Holiday Catalog.  But boy.....let me tell you that it is one of my favorite sets now.  I love 2 step stampin' sets & this one is just a perfect fit/layering one.  It is super easy to use & it is just beautiful when you are finished stamping.
This is one of the cards you can make for my upcoming Christmas Card class!!

I created it for Julie's Christmas Card Stack that I did last Saturday.  Check out the shadowed poinsettias stamped in Real Red ink onto the Real Red card stock.
stamp set:  'Reason for the Season'
card stock:  Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White
ink:  Basic Black Archival, Real Red, Mossy Meadow
other:  Big Shot, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Circle Framelits, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Gold Sequins, Dimensionals

This layout is an all time 'old' favorite of mine.  And I haven't done it for quite some time.  I have ideas for another card using this layout- so be on the look out for it.
++++++
Our day yesterday was a full one.  My mom enjoyed spending time snuggling with Masen while the other 3 boys & I helped Deke on the farm enjoying/playing with our new baby piggies.  My mom stayed for awhile when we got back to the house & read books to all of the boys.  I so wish I would have gotten a picture of them all.  While she read to them I made a quick trip to town to the post office & got our wedding invites mailed out.  

After work- Sarah, Manda, Jen & I went to Sharlene's for wedding dress alterations.  We had a nice time.  It was great to see Sharlene & she is so good at what she does.  I'm thankful for her friendship & talent.  Over the years she has altered many wedding/bridesmaid dresses for me.  

When I got home from Sharlene's I spent a few hours working on farm bookwork.  I also made a quick trip to Osky to the night deposit with our hog check & picked up some groceries at Walmart.  One of the benefits of grocery shopping at 11:00 p.m. is that there aren't too many people in the store.  Worst part about it is putting away groceries at 1 in the morning.  And Deke burnt the midnight oil working the field again last night.

This morning Deke is off early to chore, go to the office & then he is headed to Mt. Pleasant for a meeting.  I'm off to pick up the boys & spend my day with them.  Tonight I'll be stamping & Deke will be working in the fields.  Gosh.....kind of a broken record isn't it.  

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment