Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A Snow Globe!

Wow- this cool snow globe card is one that everyone stamping with me at my October monthly classes will be making!!  Are you signed up to come stamp with me?

I designed this card so that that words could easily be changed & this could work for many different occasions.  This card would work great for a guy card, birthday, etc.

If you look closely- can you tell that I stamped the base of the snow globe using my Celestial Copper ink pad.  In person it is really pretty!

This stamp set & die come in a bundle!!  They go hand in hand as one, with endless possibilities!  As the trees & the bear that I used in the dome are a couple of the dies (not stamps).  There isn't a stamp set to coordinate with those 2 images.  So be sure you check out this bundle on page 43 in the Holiday Catalog.  It is great how so many different options are within this bundle!
Where did I get these stars?  I cut a 1/2" strip of Copper Foil & punched out the stars, using the Twinkle Builder punch.

These snow globes are so easy to assemble & use on your cards!  They aren't very thick either.  We discussed it at my class on Sunday about the mailing of them.  I honestly haven't mailed one yet.  But I think it will easily be mailable with only adding an additional ounce stamp.  I will try it, by mailing one sometime soon & let you know the results.  As I'm just as curious as you are about it!

So what do you think?  Do you like this card?  I really like it!!  And so did several of the ladies that made it at my class on Sunday!!  Guess I'll see what everyone else thinks when they come to my other October monthly classes this week/weekend.

stamp set: 'Still Scenes' & 'Itty Bitty Greetings'
card stock:
  • Night of Navy- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4 & fold in half for card base; 2" strip- stamp globe base onto, using Celestial Copper ink & cut out with the die
  • Garden Green-3 1/2 x 4 1/4"; 1" strip (for words), 2" strip (for trees)
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4" (for inside of the card); 3 1/4 x 4- cut out dome; 3 1/4 x 4- use to layer behind the dome
  • Early Espresso- 2" strip (for bear)
  • Copper Foil- 1/2" strip (punch out stars)
designer paper:  Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP
inks:  Night of Navy & Celestial Copper
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Snow Globe Snow Globe Shaker Dome,  Twinkle Builder Punch, Classic Label Punch, Denim Ribbon, Multipurpose Glue, Snowflake Sequins, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  Trey & Ainslee & I enjoyed the beautiful fall day & were outside most of the afternoon.  Last night when the kids went home I worked on stamping stuff!

This morning Deke is up early to chore.  He'll spend awhile this morning at his office in the courthouse & then head to Mt. Pleasant for a meeting.  I'm up early to sort several boxes of stamps that came yesterday & then head to town to Manda's.  I'll take the 3 Seeley boys to school & then spend my day with Masen & Ainslee.  Tonight Brody, Drake & Brayden are all suppose have football games.  We'll see if the weather cooperates & these games happen!!  Tonight when I get home, I'll be burning the midnight oil cutting card stock!  

Gotta run......
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment: