Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A fall cardinal, using 'Toile Christmas'

Check out my fall bird!!!  He is actually the 'Toile Christmas' cardinal on page 8 in the Holiday Catalog.  I just colored him to be a beautiful fall bird.
This is one of the October monthly cards that everyone stamping with me this past week/weekend got to make!  If you look closely at it you can see that I used the Seasonal Wreath 3D Embossing folder- in the Annual Catalog on pg. 199.  It turned out pretty cool!

To make this wreath have more "dimensions & pop out" more I inked the Embossing folder, using my sponge brayer- before I ran it through the embossing folder so that you could see the image better.
HOW DID I DO IT?
  1. Using your foam brayer & Old Olive ink pad, roll the ink on the inside of the LID (TOP) of your embossing Folder.
  2. Carefully position your 3 3/4 x 3 3/4" piece of Old Olive card stock inside your already inked embossing folder.
  3. Run it through your Big Shot to emboss it with the wreath image.
  4. Remove the embossed wreath image & the wreath image shows all of the beautiful detail!
Can you see how much detail is in the wreath & how it shows up so much more because I added the ink to the embossing folder, before I embossed it.  
Cool huh!
Here are the supplies & the measurements I used to create this card-
stamp sets:  'Toile Christmas' & 'Itty Bitty Greetings'
card stock:
  • Crumb Cake- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base; 1" strip- stamp words onto & punch out using Classic Label punch
  • Soft Suede- 5 1/2 x 2 3/4"; 4 x 4"
  • Old Olive- 3 3/4 x 3 3/4"- emboss with Wreath Embossing Folder
  • Whisper Whit- 4 x 5 1/4" stamp cardinal & branch onto & cut out using the coordinating dies; 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card 
  • Perennial Essence Vellum (So Saffron)- 2" strip- punch out Spring punch, cut in 1/2 & add in the branches, using Glue Dots
designer paper:  Pressed Petals Specialty DSP- 5 1/2 x 2"
ink:  Memento & Old Olive
Stampin' Blends:  Soft Suede, Daffodil, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Bronze, Color Lifter
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Christmas Cardinal Dies, Standard Platform, Seasons Wreath 3D Embossing Folder, Braided Linen Trim; dimensionals, Glue Dots, Spring Punch, Classic Label Punch, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Wink of Stella, Sponge Brayer, Rubbing Alcohol
++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  We were outside for awhile in the morning & again for awhile after lunch- to play.  It was chilly & windy- but it was fresh air.  We followed Deke to town, as he had to take his truck to the repair shop to get the break line fixed.  He left his truck there & rode home with us.  When the kids went home I worked on stamping stuff all night.

This morning Deke is up early to chore & head to his office at the courthouse.  I'm up early to walk & head to town to Manda's.  I'll take the 3 Seeley boys to school & spend my day with Masen & Ainslee.  The 3 boys will ride the bus here after school.  When everyone has gone home I'll be sorting orders.......as I have 6 boxes that need to be sorted, bagged & ready for delivery.  After supper I'll work on getting things from my monthly classes & Halloween classes all put away!  

Gotta run.......
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment