Pages

Monday, September 9, 2019

Nature's Beauty- deer

There are soooo many new things in the Holiday Catalog that I like & my wish list is so long!!  Is your wish list huge too?

I played around with some new products from the Holiday Catalog when I made this card.  
 
Check out the cute deer!!  It is from the 'Nature's Beauty' stamp set on page 63.  
 
Do you like these Birch trees?  I did them by using the new Basic pattern Decorative "Tree" Mask on page 35.  Isn't that cool!!  I think they turned out great!! 

How did I do the trees?
  1. Lay the tree mask over a piece of Crumb Cake card stock, using washi tape in the corner to hold the mask down, so it wouldn't move.
  2. Ink a sponge dauber in Soft Suede ink & rub over the top of the stencil openings to make the tree image show onto the Crumb Cake piece of card stock.  
  3. Ink the Birch background stamp, using Early Espresso ink & stamped over the Tree mask- pressing down firmly- so that the lines transfer over the sponge tree image.  
  4. NOTE. Some of the lines didn't turn out as dark as I wanted them from the Birch background stamp- onto the stenciled tree.  So I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker & lightly drew some of the missing lines in the Birch tree.
Here is the Birch tree stencil & the Birch tree stamp- that I combined together to make this stenciled tree image. 
stamp sets:  'Nature's Beauty', 'Gather Together' & 'Itty Bitty Birthdays'
card stock:
  • Crumb Cake- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 5 1/2" for card base; 5 1/4 x 2 3/4"
  • Early Espresso- 4 x 5 1/4"; 4 x 1"
  • Cajun Craze-  2 3/4" strip (stamp leaves on), 4 x 1/2"
  • Whisper White- 3" strip (stamp deer on to)
inks:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Stampin' Blends:  Light & Dark Soft Suede, Light Crumb Cake
Stampin' Write Marker:  Early Espresso
other: Burlap, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Shapes (Oval), Gathered Leaves Dies, Cup of Cheer Dies (for tag), Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Wink of Stella
++++++++
This has been a wild, crazy & busy weekend.  We were going 100 mph & I didn't get hardly any sleep.  But it all worked out good- thankfully!

On Saturday, Ryan & Melanie's wedding celebration was wonderful!  The rain didn't damper the day- it just made is a little soggy.  They are a very special couple & I am so glad that we could help with their party.  Deke & I did the cheesy potatoes & shredded pork meat for their reception party.  It was so great to see so many friends & family!

Then yesterday I had my September monthly stamp class in North Liberty!  We had a great group join me!!  It was a fun day!  Brooke was our hostess.  She had yummy treats & was lots of help.  I appreciated all the help in setting & cleaning up from Brooke, Teri, Dena & Jenny!  Their help was greatly appreciated!!  I was beat last night when I got home. 

This morning Deke is up early to chore & head to the courthouse for his week board meeting.  I'm up early to walk & unload my card full of stamp stuff (from yesterday's class).  I'll then head to town to Manda's to get the boys up, feed them breakfast & take the 3 Seeley boys to school.  I'll then get Masen & Ainslee & spend my day with them.  The 4 boys- Brayden, Brody, Drake & Trey will ride the bus here after school.  Tonight Deke & I picking up all of the 5 boys at their homes & then we are meeting Doug & Julie (Sarah's parents) & Mark & Becky (Steve's parents).  We are all going to the PTO Pizza for Grandparents supper at the school together & then to B's Sweet Treats for ice cream afterwards!  When we get home I'll work on placing orders & stamping stuff.

Gotta run......I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment