Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Double Point Fold card

Last week I needed a sympathy card to send to one of my downline, Von- as her sister had passed away.  I wanted to send her a special card.....and this is what I ended up making for her.
Check out the fun double point fold I did here on the ends, using DSP!

How did I do the fold?
1.  Take a piece of DSP- 4 x 3"- score along the 3" side at 1", turn & mark the 2" (center) on the 4" side.  NOTE:  You need 2 of these pieces- one for each end of the card. 
 

2.  I then just folded down the corner from the 2" center point mark, to the scored line.  I did this both corners of the DSP. 
This is what it looks like when I folded the DSP point that I used on the card.
 
3.  Fold the points like shown here. 
4.  Add adhesive like shown here.
5.  Adhere the both points to both ends of a card base that is 4 x 5 1/4". 
6.  Then adhere it to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base.
7.  Add the layers of card stock & decorate as desired. 
I think it turned out really pretty!  What do you think?
 
stamp set:  'Kindness & Compassion'
card stock:
  • Mossy Meadow- 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"; 2" strip (for leaves), 2 1/2" strip for Label die
  • Crumb Cake- 5 1/4 x 4"; 2" strip for Label die
  • So Saffron- 2" strip- punch out 4 daisies, 2 3/4" strip for Label die
designer paper:  Pressed Petals Specialty DSP
ink:  Mossy Meadow
other:  Medium Daisy Punch, Magnolia Lane Ribbon, Perennial Essence Floral Centers,  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, dimensionals, glue dots

++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids & then I helped Deke outside with the hogs last night.  When we got in I made a late supper, answered emails & worked on orders from my class.  And Deke watched the Cubs play. 

This morning we are both up early.  Deke has an early meeting at 8:30 in Sigourney.  And then another one this afternoon in Mt. Pleasant.  I'll leave at 6:30, as Manda has an early meeting today too.  I'll take the 3 Seeley boys to school & then spend my day with Masen & Ainslee.  Today is my mom's birthday, so we will run in town & eat lunch with her, my aunt, one of my sisters & a couple of my nieces.  The 4 boys will ride the bus here after school.  We will then go to the twins football game.  

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment