Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Come to Gather- fall card!

I love this card!!  It is a totally Susie card.

I used a folded baby wipe & ink refills, to stamp into & get this rainbow of different colors on the leaves.

Can you guess what colors I used for the ink refills?
  • Soft Suede
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Crushed Curry
  • Old Olive
Look closely at the embossed leaves.  I used a sponge dauber & Soft Suede ink.  You add the ink directly to the detailed (cutting side) of the die, lay it face down onto your card stock & cut it with your embossing folder.  It is so cool that just a little color can add so much dimension to the cut out leaf!
Look at both of these cards.  Which direction to do you like better?  Vertical or Horizontal?  

I'm sure you already know that I like the horizontal one the best!!!

How did I do it?
1.  Randomly add dots of ink refill onto the baby wipe.  Leave a tiny space between them or have them barely touch- as they will run into each other as they absorb into the baby wipe.
Here are the 4 colors I used- Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
2.  Press your stamp directly into the baby wipe.  Notice how I used a sour cream lid under my baby wipe & then I also have my paper piercing mat under that- so help it get an even coverage.
IMPORTANT:  You want to go up & down to ink your stamp in the same spot.....do not turn or go in various locations or you'll add different ink colors on top of each other- which will make the colors muddy!
3.  Then stamp them onto your card stock.  
4.  Reink your stamp & stamp another leave onto your card stock.

Check out my pile of cardstock pieces I did here!

stamp set:  'Come to Gather'
card stock:  Old Olive, Soft Suede & Whisper White
ink pad:  Soft Suede 
ink refills:  Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry & Soft Suede
other:  Baby Wipe, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Gather Leaves Dies, Come to Gather Ribbon Combo (Cajun Craze twine), dimensionals, Glue Dots

I hope you like this card & you'll give this fun technique a try!
+++++++++
WOO HOO!  I am gone this weekend with some friends to stamp together!  
 
I hope you have a SUPER Saturday!  
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-

SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment