Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Rustic Retreat

I love making guy cards.  We always need them & never seem to have enough.  

This card is a swap that I made for my SU! On Stage last weekend.  I used the 'Rustic Retreat' stamp set from the Annual Catalog- pg. 49.  

Look at the pile of these deer cards laying on our kitchen island, as I was creating last Thursday night.
I did a fun door fold card here too!  It is super easy to do & something fun & different!  You all know that I love fun folds!  This is one of my favorites- as it is so different. 
How did I make that fold?
  • 4 x 11"- score at 2, 3 3/4, 7 1/2 & 9"
  • fold 
  • center & adhere to card base- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
stamp set:  'Rustic Retreat'
card stock:
  • Early Espresso- 4 x 11"- score @ 2, 3 3/4, 7 1/4 & 9"
  • Early Espresso- 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
  • Early Espresso- 2 3/4" strip
  • Crumb Cake- 3 1/2 x 3 1/2"
  • Very Vanilla- 2 3/4" strip- stamp deer onto using Early Espresso ink, color with Light Old Olive & Light Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends & punch using using the Starburst punch; 
  • Very Vanilla- 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"- for outside of card- stamp trees along the bottom using Early Espresso ink & color with Light Old Olive Stampin' Blend; 
  • Very Vanilla- 3 1/4 x 3 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  
  • Pressed Petals Specialty DSP- 5 1/4 x 1"; 5 1/4 x 1"- adhere one to each side of the Early Espresso base
ink:  Early Espresso
Stampin' Blends:  Light Crumb Cake, Light Old Olive
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Layering Circle Dies, Starburst Punch, Metallic Pearls, Dimensionals

So what do you think?  Isn't it a great guy card!

You can CLICK on the links below & see a couple of cute cards I have made using the deer from this 'Rustic Retreat' stamp set.
https://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2019/07/rustic-retreat_30.html
https://stampwithsusie.blogspot.com/2019/07/rustic-retreat.html

++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with Masen, Ainslee & Acea.  Nathan was in Des Moines for a meeting all day it was about 6:15 when he got home.  They were headed to town for Brayden's basketball practice.  As Sarah had a meeting in Fairfield.  When the kids went home I picked up toys, answered some emails & did bookwork.  Deke got in late, but the corn is finally all picked & he got 60 big cornstalk bales made.  I made him a late supper & we called it a night.  Our whole week is literally just crazy!

This morning we are up early.  Deke is off to chore & head to Ottumwa for another meeting.  I'm off to Manda's.  I'll take the twins to school & spend my day with Trey & Ainslee.  All of the boys will ride the bus out after school.  The Wood kids are here for the weekend, as Nathan & Sarah are out of town until Sunday night.  Tonight we load a semi of hogs at 6:00.  The 3 kids will go with us & we'll see how that goes.  We'll eat a late supper, take baths, read a few books & it will probably be time for bed.  

I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment