Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

Pop up inside present, with #Elfie!

#Elfie
Look at this cute elf!!!  He just makes me smile!!  All of the images in this #Elfie stamp set are adorable!

This is one of the fun fold card that everyone made at my Holiday Extravaganza class last month.  

I used the Winter Knit 3D Embossing Folder & the Let it Snow Specialty DSP on the front of this card too.  

But check out the inside of it. 
On the inside I added a little pop up Christmas package.  The card lays flat when it is shut, but when you open the card up, the bottom of the box goes down & the package is opened.  

You could add some cash or a gift card to the inside of the package if you wanted to!
It is neat doesn't it!

Would you like to know how to add a package like this to your card?  Read on- I have step-by-step photos & instructions so that you can do it too!

What are the measurements for this package?
  • Whisper White- 8 x 2"- score at 2, 4 6"= base piece for package.
  • Whisper White- 2 x 2 1/2"- score at 1/2"= add on piece for the box of the package.
  • DSP- 4 x 3/4"= fold in half before adhering to the Whisper White card stock.  Be sure to link up your center fold with the center fold of the Whisper White card stock box piece.
How do you do it?
  • This is what you want it to look like- when you have it all adhered together.  
  • Add 4 strips of tear & tape as shown.
  • For the package bottom- add a strip of tear & tape to along the top score area, right along the top of side of the scored line.
  • Stick this face down onto the back side for the strip.
  • Add the strip of DSP along the front center edge.  
  • Flip the bottom square up so that it is in between- when it is folded up.  
  •  Now peel off the 4 tear & tape strips, fold in half as shown below.
  • Turn it over & adhere it to the inside of the card (bottom) center.
  •  You now have your package added to the inside of your card!
ENJOY making this!  If you have any questions- don't hesitate to contact me!

stamp set: #Elfie
card stock:
  • Real Red- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for card base; 4 1/4 x 2"
  • Whisper White- 4 x 2 1/4- stamp elf on;  4 x 2 1/4"- stamp inside greeting on; 2" strip- for inside tag using oval tag die; 1' strip- stamp words onto & punch out using Classic Label Punch
designer paper:  4 x 2"
ink:  Memento, Call Me Clover
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Call Me Clover, Dark Real Red, Dark Daffodil Delight, Ivory, Light Smoky Slate
other:  Classic Label Punch, Tear & Tape, Wink of Stella, Big Shot, Standard Platform, Winter Knit Embossing Folder, Magnetic Platform, Tiny Keepsakes Die (oval tag), dimensionals. Scoring Tool
+++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  Then Ainslee stayed with me last night while Sarah was gone & Nathan, Brayden & Maswen went to 6th grade boys basketball practice.  Deke worked late on the farm & I burnt the midnight oil stamping.

This morning we are up early & on the go.  Deke is off to chore & I'm finishing up my swaps & packing.  We are headed out the airport soon, as we are going to our fall Stampin' Up! On Stage event.  It will be a fast trip out & back.....as we won't be there long, but I'm thrilled we are going!  My adopted downline, Lynda is meeting us at the airport & flying out & back with us.  And my downline, Becky P & her husband will meet us at the event.  Tonight the 3 of us have a swap with some demonstrators that my friend, Rhonda is hosting.  I'll then go to a leaders Centre Stage supper & event.  Deke will hang out with some of my friends husbands.  And then tomorrow it will be an all day demonstrator On Stage Event!  WOO HOO!!  I can't wait to see everyone!  AND I can't wait to see the upcoming Occasions & Sale-a-bration Catalogs.  We'll see lots of demonstrations!!  I hope I learn lots of new things to bring home & share with all of you at my upcoming classes.  

Are you planning to come to one of my many Annual Calendar classes in December?  If so you'll get to use lots of new products then- making your new 2020 4x4 chipboard calendars!  And you'll then get to see sneak peeks of NEW products that will start on January 3rd, 2020!

I will have quick posts each morning, with a project to share with you while I'm away.  So be sure you check back by tomorrow!  

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE


2 comments:

  1. Have fun Susie! I wish I were going, but work got in the way!! I can't wait to hear all about it and look forward to getting the new catalog! Safe travels to you both! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish & you & LeeAnn were both going. Will miss you both! Chat soon. Hugs- SUSIE

      Delete