Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

A stand up Post-it-Note holder!

DON'T MISS THE 
On Line EXTRAVAGNZA SALE
that starts tomorrow- 11/20/19-11/22/19!
++++++++
Look at this cute post-it-note holder that I made for a retreat that I attended in September.  I made these for everyone that was there.  I thought they turned out cute!!!  

I love the fall theme & colors that I used!

If you look closely at the depth in the leaf.  I used a sponge dauber & my Cajun Craze ink.  I added ink directly onto the inside of the leaf & then cut it out with the die.  Can you see how it shows the dimension, with the veins in the leaves popping out.  Neat huh!
This is what it looks like opened up!

How did I do it?
  • I started out with a 4x4" chipboard.
  • I covered it with a 4x4" piece of designer paper.
  • I made a cover for the post-it-note & covered it with card stock.   
  • I decorated the front cover of it.
But the cool part is that this actually stands up!  I modified some clothes pins, so that they were "legs".  
So it can stand up on your desk, bookshelf or table- super easy!
Check out how I hot glued these clothes pins onto the back of the chip board!  

stamp set: 'Gather Together'
card stock:
  • Pretty Peacock- 4 1/4" x 3 1/8"- score at 3 1/8" & 3 1/2"
  • Cajun Craze- 4 x 1/2"- flag ends with Paper Snips; 2" strip- sponge Cajun Craze ink onto leaf die & cut out with Big Shot
  • Whisper White- 1 3/4"strip- stamp words & punch out
designer paper:  Come To Gather DSP- 4x4"
ink:  Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock
other:  1 1/2" Circle Punch, Linen Thread; Basic Pearls (colored with my Pretty Peacock Stampin' Blend); Big Shot,  Magnetic Platform, Gathered Leaves Dies; Champagne Shimmer Spray, Stampin' Spritzer, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips, dimensionals, glue dots, chipboard, clothes pins, hot glue. Post-it-Note pad

++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  Last night the Seeley family came out to visit & eat supper with us, so that we could celebrate Manda's birthday!  I made ham balls, cheesy potatoes, corn casserole & a yellow cake!  The 3 boys & I made wooden snowman.  They had fun making them!  And they turned out cute!

This morning I'm off to Manda's.  I'll take the twins to school & spend my day with Trey & Ainslee.  
Tonight Masen & Ainslee will be here with us for awhile, as Nathan & Sarah have a meeting & Brayden has basketball practice.  

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment