Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all great guys out there!  I hope it is a great day for all celebrating this special day! 

This is a quick card I made at my class last weekend to show that you could use the exact same pieces I had cut for the 'Sailing Home' card- that you can SEE BY CLICKING HERE! 

I made a few different options & then they are all super cute!
 Here is another one- again using the same pieces, just laid out a little differently! 
And check out this 3rd option too!  They would all work!  This is just a great guy stamp set!

Which one is your favorite image from this stamp set?

stamp set:  'A Good Guy'
card stock:

  • Night of Navy-
  • Soft Suede-
  • Sahara Sand-
  • Very Vanilla-
designer paper:  Come Sail Away DSP
ink:  Night of Navy
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Smooth Sailing Dies, Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine, Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
 +++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day.....I finally took time to squeeze in a hair cut.  And then I spent the rest of the day stamping!

Last night Deke I ran out for a quick supper.  We had hoped to get to Menards, but it was raining too hard- so we'll get there sometime this week yet.  We need to get some stuff to make a dog kennel for Cocoa.  

Today is a very sad day.......not only is it my dad's 77th birthday.  It is also the 12th Anniversary of his passing.  Yep- 12 years ago today on Father's Day we found him dead.  It was a nightmare of a day that I'll never forget.  I miss him so much & not a day goes by that I don't think of him & wish he was still here with us.  

This will also be the first Father's Day that we will have since the passing of my step-dad Dick.  We miss him too!  He was also a great guy!  

But I have to also think of the positive & remember the great guys I still have in my life that we will be celebrating today- Deke, Nathan, Steve & Deke's step-dad & my uncles- Jerry, Joe & Larry; plus several nephews & some brother-in-laws!  

We are up early this morning.....I am hoping to get some more stamping done while Deke chores.  We are then headed to Des Moines to spend the day at Adventureland with our family!  Nathan, Sarah & family; Manda, Steve & boys; our nephews- Josh (Kacie) & Matt (Cheryl) & their families; Deke's sister (Darci); & Deke's brother (Doug) & girlfriend Chris will all be there!  It should be a fun family day with this big crew from the Wood Family!!  The kids are super excited!  We'll have lots of laughs & I'm sure we'll make lots of great memories! 

We had quite a thunder storm (rain) last night, but today the weather is to be beautiful!

So I hope you have a very special day!!
ENJOY!!!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Not sure but thought we passed you coming home from Ames this evening. My husband was driving and when we went passed a car I turned and told him that the driver in the other car looked like you. I hope you had fun with your family today. Don and I had an awesome time watching ours dance this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you had a good weekend with dance things for the kids. You might have met us. We came through Oksy about 6:45 on our way home from Des Moines. I was driving. So it could have been us. We had a great day too! The weather was perfect! It was lots of fun! HUGS!

      Delete