Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

'Celebrate with Cake'

These little stemmed flowers are from a NEW brochure!  You can CLICK HERE TO LOOK AT IT!  Or you can check it by clicking on the photo of the brochure that I have posted along the right edge of my blog home page too.  It is called the Beginners Brochure!  But it isn't just for beginners!  

The stamp set is in this Beginners Brochure & is called- 'Celebrate with Cake'!  It can be found on page 11 in this brochure!  I think this stamp set is sooooo cute!  It is a totally Susie style with multiple images for many different occasions.  And the images in this stamp set are definitely not just for beginners.  Any stamper can use them!  Stampin' Up! designed this new brochure to help out new customers find products where they could purchase everything they need to make a card/or project & not be so overwhelmed by looking at the big Annual Catalog.  This brochure is good from June 4, 2019 to June 2, 2020.  

So for today's card I decided to create a simple card & use the tulips!  I think it turned out super cute!  

CHECK OUT this gorgeous NEW  Purple Tricolor ribbon!  WOW!  I love it!
Here are the supplies, measurements & some TIPS I'd like to share with you about my card:

stamp set:  'Celebrate with Cake'
card stock:  
  • Granny Apple Green- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 5 1/2" & fold for card base
  • Gorgeous Grape- 4 1/4 x 1 1/4"; 4 1/4 x 1 1/4"; 2 3/4" strip to cut out stitched square die
  • Purple Posy- 3 1/8 x 3 1/8"; 1/2" strip- stamp words onto- cut off & flag ends with Paper Snips
  • Whisper White- 2 1/2" strip- stamp flowers & stems onto & cut out with stitched square die
designer paper:  
  • 2019-2020 In Color DSP- Purple Posy- 3/4 x 3"; 3/4 x 3"
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape & Granny Apple Green
other: Wink of Stella (over the flowers), Paper Snips (flagged the end of the banner for the words), Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Shapes Dies (Squares), 3/8" Tricolor Purple Ribbon

SOME TIPS from ME:
  1. Ink your solid image stamps (Photopolymer or Red Rubber) into VERSAMARK ink before you use them (when they are new).   SO YOU WOULD- ink your stamp into Versamark ink pad, stamp it onto a piece of scratch paper; use your Stampin' Mist & Scrub pad to clean the stamp(s). 
  2. Then ink the stamp(s) into the desired color of ink you want.  (OR you could use your Stampin' Write Markers directly onto your stamp, breath onto it & stamp it onto your paper.)
  3. Why do you stamp into the Versamark ink first:  By doing this with your solid image photopolymer stamps, it coats them & gives them a better solid image when you stamp them with ink & helps with the ink in being more even, solid & bold looking.  
      THEN ANOTHER TIP:
  • Those of you that stamp with me at my classes know that I often cut stamps apart if they have multiple images all connected into one stamp.   SO IF there are words & images connected- most generally I will cut them off & make them separate.  This way I can use them separately.  NOTE:  The 3 flowers in this stamp set are all one stamp & connected.  So I used my Paper Snips & cut my 3 flowers apart, so that I could stamp them all separately.  So I now have 3 separate flowers.  WHY DID I DO THIS?  Because that way I could use my ink pads & make them all 3 different colors.  OR I could stamp them all going the same direction OR I could stamp just one tulip image & stamp it 3 times, etc.  Mainly by doing this- it gives me more options in stamping the images differently than just for the one use.  IMPORTANT NOTE:  Once you cut them apart you can't put them back together- so make sure you do want them apart before you do it! 
I have created another card using these same stems & flowers (in different colors)- that I'll be sharing with you sometime within the next week!  So be sure you stop back by & check out that card too!  You'll then see how I used the 3 flowers in 3 different colors & why it was easier for me to have them cut apart.
++++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the 5 kids here.  We played outside for most of the morning.  It was a beautiful day out!  Last night I stamped- as I'm working on swaps that I need to get done & in the mail for some groups I signed up to do. 

This morning we are up early at 4:30.  Deke is off to chore & we are then headed to town, as Deke has a colonoscopy today.  Later this afternoon we'll have the 3 Seeley boys & take the twins to their baseball game tonight in Wellman.  

Gotta run.......
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment