Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

My 2019 Calendar- how it stands up!

Many of you have asked me how my calendars stand up.  And why do they have the holes punched in the top of each page.  Well- I hook them all together using 2- 1" rings.  The calendar then stands up like this (like a tent) & you flip to the next page each month.  
The fronts & the backs are a light 4x4 chipboard coaster.  

For the front of the calendar, I decorate it a little bit- but honestly- when you give the calendar to your recipient they see the front at that moment only......but then they open it up & it is never seen again.  As they are looking at the months from then on!

Did you NOTICE the hole punch in the center bottom of the front?  The front & the back both have holes like that & the line up exactly with each other.  
I then put a 6" piece of ribbon in the back chipboard piece, tie a double knot on the inside (of the back chipboard) & let it hang out the back of the calendar (like a tail).  Then when you stand up the calendar & flip up the front chipboard piece-  you put the ribbon in the hole on the front & tie a little knot in the tail end. 
This is what it looks like when it is standing up & flipped open.  Here is the January calendar page!!!
And here is the February calendar page!!!

I hope these photos help you understand how I assemble & use them.  Please let me know if you have any questions!
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day!!  The kids & I ran errands- recycle center, bank, ASCS Office, Cathy's home, City Hall, Insurance Office, and finally the courthouse so that Deke & I could get our yearly flu shots.  Everyone was here after school......and grandma cut Brody & Drake's hair.  When the kids were all gone home I spent my night stamping!!

This morning Deke is up early to chore & head to Ottumwa for a meeting.  I'm up early to stamp again before I head to town.  I'll take the twins to school & then spend my day with the 3 little ones.  The 3 big boys will be here after school again.  And tonight I'll be a busy bee stamping again!!!


I hope you have a GREAT Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment