Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2018

A snowy 'Winter Woods'

This 'Winter Woods' stamp set is just awesome!!!  It has endless possibilities when creating such a wide variety of cards for so many different occasions!!  

This card is a non traditional Christmas card.  Check out the sparkly snow & the glistening tree!  

Check out the words!!  Did you notice how they work perfectly with the Pretty Label Punch!!  The stamp set that these words come from is an awesome set that is often over looked!  Check it out on page 41 in the Holiday Catalog!  I just love all of the words in this set!!   It is called- 'Flourishing Filigree'.
stamp sets:  'Winter Woods' & 'Flourishing Filigree'
card stock:
  • Night of Navy-  5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
  • Whisper White-  3 3/4 x 5" (for outside); 3 3/4 x 5" (for inside); 2 " strip (for words); 3 1/2" strip (to cut the bottom layered tree out of)
  • Smoky Slate-  3 1/4 x 4 3/4"
  • Shimmery White-3 1/2" strip (to cut top layer tree out)
  • Sparkle Glimmer Paper- 4 3/4 x 3/4"; 4 3/4 x 3/4"- (use Paper Snips & cut drifts for the snow & then layer one above the other)
ink:  Night of Navy
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, In The Woods Framelits; Pretty Label Punch, Silver Metallic Pearls, Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Liquid Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Standard Platform, Softly Falling Embossing Folder
+++++++++
Yesterday day was a busy day!  Yesterday morning, Masen, Ainslee & I went to Columbus Junction to my Aunt's visitation.  It was great seeing cousins that I haven't seen for several years!  I have very fond memories of them being at my grandparents when we were all growing up. 

Yesterday afternoon when the kids went home- I worked on catching up on emails & some piles of paper work.  We were suppose to go to watch Drake wrestle last night, but he came home from school with a little fever.  Hope he is feeling better today.  We sure don't need anyone to be sick.  Last night I actually did nothing but watch a movie with Deke & go to bed early.  I was just beat last night.  It was like I ran into a brick wall.  The past 2 weeks & going 100 mph has caught up with me. 

This morning Deke is up early to chore.  Then he is going with Nathan, Masen & Ainslee to Iowa City to watch Brayden play on a traveling league basketball team.  I have a hair cut (finally) this morning.  Then I'm going to run some errands in town & go to the recycle center.  I'll hurry home, as this afternoon I have another calendar class. 

We'll see how our day goes.......Deke wants to go to our favorite place for supper tonight- Bogies in Albia for prime rib.  If it all goes as planned we just might do that, as we haven't been there for several months.  We also need to do our Christmas shopping too sometime.....as the days are fastly slipping away!  Christmas will be here before we know it!

Gotta run!
I hope you have a SPECIAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment