Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

A LOT to celebrate!!!

Well- those of you that know me know I don't toot my horn too often!  But I have lots of great things to share with you today & I finally made the time last night to get this big post all typed up! 

On Friday afternoon, November 22nd, 2018 I became the 30th Stampin' Up Demonstrator to be a Million Dollar Sales Achiever in the 30th Anniversary Year of the company!!!  Oh my gosh.......talk about what a privilege & honor this amazing accomplishment is!  And I accomplished this huge milestone because my friends came to stamp with me & ordered Stampin' Up! products from me.  I could never have reached this huge milestone without each & everyone that has stamped with over the past 17 1/2 years.

So on Monday, November 26th, 2018- we had a ton of snow & no school, so I was home all alone.  I literally spent my whole day answering phone calls, emails, text messages- just lots of messages from my friends (far & near) congratulating me on this huge milestone.  The first call I got was from Sara Douglas, our Stampin' Up! CEO.  We talked for about 1/2 hour & she just made my day!  And from then on it was a domino affect with one thing after another.  As Stampin' Up! posted the news release on their website, facebook, instagram & twitter!!  My cup was over flowing with so much from so many!!  It was just an unbelievable day! 

Here is the photo of me & the congratulations post that they shared this day! 
Photo from @stampinup on Instagram on stampinup at 11/26/18 at 1:21PM 
 ONE MILLION in career-to-date sales is something worth celebrating!  
Congratulations to Susie Wood for reaching this amazing milestone.

Then on Thursday, 11/27/18- I got a delivery from my UPS man.  
It wasn't a normal SU! box, but a box with beautiful flowers 
& a gorgeous card from Sara & Shelli! 
Yes- these flower are real!  And they were beautiful aren't they!!  And the best part is that they dried nicely & I still have this beautiful arrangement sitting in our dinning room 
so that I can enjoy it each day!  

Check out the hand made envelope that has my card in it.  
It is monogrammed, embossed.....it is just totally amazing and way over the top!!
Here is the card!!  Check out all of the detail on it- including my name on the tag!
Notice the Blackberry Bliss embossed piece under the card-  
is actually the back side of the envelope!
This is a fun tri-fold card.  The inside of it was even stamped & elaborately decorated!  
And Shelli wrote me a super sweet note.  And both Shelli & Sara signed it.
Look at the flowers, ribbon, lace & embossing on the tri-fold part!  
WOW!
I would say that they hit the nail on the head when they made my card!
It is a totally Susie card & I just absolutely love it!
All I can say is how blessed I am!  
And how I love stamping & sharing with all of you!!  
And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for stamping with me!
++++++++++++++++

Stampin' Up! then released this write up on our Demonstrator website 
the first part of December.  
I thought I'd share that photo & the write up with you too, 
so that you all know "my story"!! 
Susan-Wood-Headshot

Susie Wood

November 2018: One Million Sales Achiever

After she attended her first workshop alone, spent over $150, and stamped her Christmas cards that year, Susie Wood vowed she would never stamp again. But then . . . she laid eyes on the spring mini catalog and the rest, as they say, is history! The path to one million dollars in personal sales is just that—personal. It’s unique to each demonstrator. And we love Susie’s story! It’s been a 19-year journey of stamping & self-discovery.  She has been a demonstrator for 17 years & 5 months.  She has a consistent, traditional approach, a passion for creativity, and a close-knit community of family and friends.

About a year after signing up, Susie finally admitted to a friend that she was a demonstrator. That friend kick started her business by hosting a workshop where Susie won them over, got two bookings, and transformed the group into a popular monthly stamp class. Even Susie is still surprised: “I never thought I'd stay a demonstrator. I only signed up to do it for a short period of time. Being a demonstrator hasn't ever been my job! It has been a passionate hobby of mine that I get to share with many of my friends. And I so treasure all of my customers, team, and other demonstrator friends. Stampin' Up! has been a true blessing in my life!”

Susie is no stranger to hard work. She juggles many responsibilities on her farm in rural Iowa, while she works a full-time job, and supports her family as a mom, wife, and grandma. “Oftentimes I just don't get much sleep. As when I should be sleeping is when I get to stamp!” Sleep deprivation doesn’t stop her from spoiling her customers with the hallmark of her business, in-person events. “I'm an old-fashioned stamper! My sales are all from face-to-face events.” She prepares down to smallest details and makes it easy for her customers. “It’s all about friends getting together for a fun time of stamping!”

With her creative wheels constantly spinning, Susie can eye new products and envision exactly how she will use them to make her mark. It’s this passion for creativity that keeps her stamping late into the night. “I'm not good at copying things. I like being creative and unique. I love that I have my own style.”

Susie and her husband (of almost 35 years,) Deke, definitely make time for fun and family. They have two married children and six grandchildren who all live within a half mile to 5 miles from them and they see each other daily. “Our son has a dirt track race car. We love racing as a whole family event and have done this since 1999.” Hers is definitely a family business. “We live, eat, and breathe stamps at our house.” Deke is an excellent Big Shot assistant while the grandsons know all about stamps, punches, paper, and markers.

Stampin’ Up! has not only made her family grow closer, but it has made her friends feel more like family. “I love the friendships I have. If it weren't for me sharing my love of stamping I'd never have met any of my customers and team. Many of them have become my best friends.” Susie and Deke look forward to catching up with friends from around the world every year on the incentive trips. “It just warms my heart that our husbands have become such great friends too!”

One thing’s for sure, Susie has found success by finding what works for her. And her advice to others on their own path is simple—“Share what you LOVE! Tell everyone! Enjoy!” Well said, Susie. And congratulations on reaching this million sales milestone!
++++++++++++

I am sending much love & many blessings to each of you as we end 2018!
I look forward to sharing & stamping with you in the New Year of 2019!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a huge part of my life 
& letting me share my love of stamping with you!!  

Happy Stamping!!
Hugs-
SUSIE

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are a demonstrator they should be very proud of. I have never seen a demonstrator with the passion you have for their product. You are such a caring and giving person too, not to many people out there like you. I am so glad I got to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila!!! I am so grateful that we got connected too! I love sharing with you & keeping in touch! I look forward to seeing you sometime soon!! Love & Hugs- SUSIE

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You are a demonstrator they should be very proud of. I have never seen a demonstrator with the passion you have for their product. You are such a caring and giving person too, not to many people out there like you. I am so glad I got to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a wonderful milestone. I know that you work very hard to make Stampin Up interesting and fun for all of us. Great job Susie.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again, Susie! You are such an awesome demonstrator! Your creativity and passion shine! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!! I am so happy that you stamp with me & we can share our love of stamping together!! I look forward to seeing you & creating together in 2019! Love & hugs- SUSIE

      Delete
  5. Happy new year and congratulations on making the million dollar goal. It doesn't surprise me because you work so hard and bring so much to so many people. I love the new year's card. It's awesome. I'm glad I have you in my life. Hugs. Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee!! I am glad I have you in my life too! HUGS!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations. I love your stamp set. I bought the punch without the stamps that went with it, so I was very happy to see your set in the mini. Now i have a multi occasion set to match the punch. I’ll be using it for a fall swap for September. Again, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynette. I am glad that you like it! I do too! It is totally "Susie". I love all occasions sets for multiple uses. AND I LOVE punches!!! Happy Stamping!!! ENJOY!!! Hugs- SUSIE

      Delete