Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

We loved our time in Utah!!

So here are so highlights & a narrative about our trip....I wanted to share it with you & hopefully you will enjoy reading all about it!

We arrived in Utah around noon last Tuesday (3/5/19).  Our hotel room wasn't ready yet, so we walked about 1 1/2 miles (in the nice weather) to the Joseph Smith building & had my favorite Turkey Pot Pies for lunch.  We then walked back (the scenic route) so Deke could see the convention center & some of our other favorite places to go when we are at convention, etc.  

Then on Tuesday night- my dear friend Donna (who also works at SU! & I have worked with LOTS of times over the years when presenting, etc) & her husband Jeff, came & picked up Deke & I at our hotel & we ate supper at the Red Lugana!  It was delicious mexican food & their company was great!  Donna had a little gift for me (note cards/envelopes in a cute little pouch) & a little gift for Deke (a fireman's shirt from Jeff's work, as he is a fireman).  I need to get photos taken of these & will share them when I do.  But we were so excited that they made the drive into Salt Lake City & took the time to spend with us.  It was great & I just so regret not getting a quick selfie of us or photo of all of us.  It was a special time though & we won't forget it!  Jeff gave Deke directions on how to get to Kanab on our drive there.  And then he even text us later in the week to check on us- making sure we made it & didn't have any problems, etc.  Now how sweet & special is that!!  And then Donna gave me a pretty card with a sweet note in it when I saw her briefly at the Riverton office on Wednesday for my celebration there.  Jeff wants Deke to come visit them at their cabin sometime.  Humm......we'd love to!  So maybe we'll take a vacation to Utah again someday. 

Then on Wednesday morning (3/6/19) we arrived at the Riverton office for my celebration!  A celebration is so what it was!  I was so overwhelmed with everything.  It was just amazing & totally unbelieveable.  From our walk in the door, to our tour, to meeting with various departments & employees, to working on the pick line packing boxes of orders......it was ALL JUST AMAZING!!

I want to share just a few photos from Riverton that were taken with my camera.
So if you have read my post comments the past week.....I shared in them how much we loved our time in Utah with the employees at the Stampin' Up! plants.  Check out this awesome team shown above in the picture with us!  This is a group of the design team from different departments!  Oh My Gosh- I could so totally work with this group on a daily basis.  I loved how they do things from beginning to end, how connected they are & how so very talented they all are!  They had my head spinning with ideas & excitement!!  It was just totally up my alley- spending the time with them.  We ended up spending more time with them than we were suppose to- because I had lots to share with them & they had lots to share with me!  It was awesome!!

So many of you have asked about my stamp set design.  Let me tell you- I THOUGHT it was all set to go until yesterday.  Now I'm not sure what is going to happen.  The whole design team saw it & they were all for it.  But I want it to coordinate with a punch, so now I'm not sure that things are going to quite work out as I had planned.  I am still waiting on the final word on whether is is a go or if I have to come up with another idea.  But.......I had literally at least 50 different pages of ideas that I shared with them on other stamp design ideas I have.  So if I have to go to another plan I will.  We will see what happens.  Just know that it takes alot of planning & waiting for a stamp set to be in the catalog.  So I promise I'll share with you when I can.  But we are probably talking at least 1 1/2- 2 years before my stamp set will be in a catalog due to the planning ahead for each catalog.  And let me tell you- this is going to be hard to do to wait on!
We spent quite a bit of time in the warehouse with Rett (demo support) & Ben (the camera guy).  Rett gave us a great tour of everything!  It is just amazing how our orders are processed!  Both Deke & I got to pick orders & pack boxes too.  That was so fun to see & get to do!  Deke is very much a 'how does it work' guy......so he was totally enjoying this & he was so impressed on how it all worked- as we learned all about this.
We ate sandwiches & soup with 4 of the employees that I have worked with on various presentations/demonstrations at SU! events I'd done over the years.  Chad is my Business Development guy; Shannon, Cori & Brian are ones I've worked with on various things over the many years at conventions & On Stage events.  So it was great to catch up with & chat with all of them!  

Shannon is going to be in Minneapolis next month for our SU! On Stage event.  I am hoping that she joins me there for a stamping night I'm doing with my team!  And later in April will be my Annual Spring Fling event for my customers.  Chad has expressed interest in attending this.  So we'll see if that ends up working out.  But just as a little note- if you are a customer of mine you will want to come to my Spring Fling & I'll share more about this sometime soon!
Check out how cute this table is decorated.  It is in black & white- especially for me since they all know that is one of my favorite combinations of colors.  It was so cool!!  I loved it!
Here is the beautiful bouquet of flowers that Sara handed me that morning when we walked in the Riverton office door to begin my celebration.  She & I are both criers.  And she was already crying as the door opened up for me to walk into the office.  Awhhh!!!!  

So......I haven't yet seen any of the photos yet that were taken at my celebration.  But when I get them I'll share lots more about this celebration day!!!
I brought my bouquet of flowers home in my suitcase.  Some of them didn't fair too well.....so I saved some & I'm still enjoying them now in a vase in my dining room!  They are still really pretty!  The Calypso Roses were really wilted.......so I took all of those rose petals off & have them a big bowl drying & I'm enjoying looking at them & smelling them too!

I have a few more photos that I'll share sometime hopefully soon.  So be sure to check back by & read more about our trip to Utah!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment