Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2019

'All Adorned'

Check out this fun collage card.  It is another one of the cards that everyone joining me at my March monthly classes will be making with me.  

I love fun folds!  So yep- this is another fun fold!  And I love the monochromatic theme of this card!
The front piece flips open & looks like this!
Then the other side flips open & look like this.  
So what do you think???
How did I do the top layered piece?  Read on to see how I did it.  
  • Using various stamp images & the Coastal Cabana ink- do some collage stamping on the top white piece.  
  • Then sponge around the edge of it, using the Coastal Cabana ink pad too.  
  • Then using the largest of the Stitched Shaped Framelits- (Square)- cut out the center piece- leaving about a 1/2" all the way around the square for the outside edges. 
  • I then adhered the outside square edge to the Coastal Cabana square.
  • Then using dimensionals- I popped up the stitched framelit piece.  
stamp set: 'All Adorned'- Level 1 SAB choice- FREE with a $50 order
card stock:
  • Coastal Cabana-  8 1/2 x 4 1/4- score at 5 1/2" for card base; 3 1/2 x 3 1/2; 3 1/2 x 1/2"; 2" strip- stamp words onto & punch out with the Story Label Punch
  • Thick Whisper White- 7 1/2 x 3 3/4"- score at 3 3/4"- fold & place in center of card
  • Whisper White- 3 1/4 x 3 1/4- stamp collage on this, sponge around edges & then cut out center using the largest Stitched square framelit; 3 1/4 x 3 1/4- stamp inside greeting words onto
designer paper:  How Sweet It Is- OC pg. 15- 4 x 3"
ink:  Coastal Cabana
other:  5/8" Whisper White Polka Dot ribbon, Story Label punch- SPECIAL March 2019 only= $18.00, Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits (large Square), dimensionals, glue dots, sponge

++++++++
Yesterday was an AMAZING day!!  My heart was just filled with so much joy getting to see all of the employees at our Stampin' Up! Kanab plant & spending several hours there with them!!  We headed out there at 9:30 yesterday morning.  Josh (the plant manager) greeted us at the door.  We did a tour of the offices & Shelli's apartment.  We then met with all of the employees- where I introduced myself, shared my Stampin' Up! story with them & answered many different questions that many of them had for me.  Several of the employees have worked there for our company for lots of years- so I had previously meet & seen them several times over the years when I use visit there when we were at  Founders.  I remembered many of them & they remembered me too!!!!  After our question & answer time, we had more time to chat in the break lounge while having donuts & fruit together.  

But darn- I am bummed at myself, as my camera & phone were both in my purse in the front office so that we didn't have to carry things with us.  So I didn't get very many pictures- which I am so sad about.  As we were leaving though- I ran out to get my camera & got a quick picture with Josh, some photos of a few of the employees in the break lounge & some pictures of the building & beautiful red rock mountains outside the plant.  

Deke LOVED the tour & learning all about how photopolymer & red rubber stamps are made; how they do the ink pads & ink refills; and how they cut & package the card stock.  He was totally amazed & so impressed with everything!  I had seen all of this previously over the years, but it was great to see again.  And I am so happy that Deke got to see it all!

When we left there we had about a 1 1/2 hour drive to St. George in the rain.......but enjoyed seeing the beautiful scenery! 

So this week we have toured both Stampin' Up! plants!  And literally from the very beginning to the very end- have seen first hand how each & every stamp set, embossing folder, framelits, etc (all products) are made.  There are so many steps taken in creating them before we get them in our hands & use them!  We were both totally amazed & impressed at learning all of this & we have so much respect & appreciation for every little product & for every single employee that helps to make it all possible!  What is most special is that Stampin' Up! is like a big family!  They treat everyone like they are family!  And you've all heard me say this before......it is just very heart warming. 

This morning we are headed to the St. George Airport & flying home.  We have a LONG layover in Denver.....so I'm hoping the weather is good & there are no flight delays.  We'll get back to Des Moines late tonight & then have our drive home!  

We have had an awesome trip!  It was a fabulous celebration!  And I am so honored to be part of such an amazing company!  I am doubly honored & blessed that you stamp with me & let me share my love of it with all of you!!!  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing me as your Stampin' Up! demonstrator & most importantly for being such a great friend of mine!  It is because of each & every one of you that I have sold enough stamps to reach this huge milestone!  And as someone told me yesterday- how cool is it that I am #30 in the company to hit my million career sales & I did it in the 30th Anniversary year of SU!  (even though I had just been a demonstrator for 17 years & 4 months). So being #30 in the 30th year makes it even more special to me!

I am praying we have safe travels as we head home.....we've missed our family & we are ready to sleep in our own bed!  But we are sooooo thankful for our time in Utah & will treasure this time & have very fond memories forever to cherish!  

I will get photos downloaded & I'll post & share with you in the next few days.  We are going to be hitting the ground running.....as we get baby piggies early tomorrow (Monday) morning, have kids & I have stamp classes too to get ready for & Deke has several meetings this week!

Off we go......I hope you have a SUPER Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment