Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

'All That You Are'

Here is another fun fold card that everyone joining me for my March monthly classes will be making!!!  

Isn't it bright & cheery!  It makes me think of spring!  WOO HOO!! I know I'm sure ready for warmer temps & winter to be over with. 

How did I do these flowers?
  1. Stamp the flowers onto Vellum card stock, using the Black Stazon ink pad & Stamparatus! 
  2. FLIP the Vellum over & using Stampin' Blends- color the images!  
  3. On strips of Whisper White card stock I stamped the 2 littler flower, using my Black Memento ink & then colored them using the Stampin' Blends & fussy cut them out using my Paper Snips. 
QUESTIONS:
  • WHY do I color on the back side of the stamped image?  Because Stazon ink is not intended to be used with the Alcohol Based Stampin' Blends.  The Stazon will bleed & the black Stazon ink will then transfer onto your Stampin' Blend tip & make a big mess. 
  • WHY did I use Stazon ink instead of my Black Memento ink when stamping the flowers onto the Vellum card stock?  Because the Black Memento will not dry on vellum.....it will smear!
  • SO I have 2 black ink pads I used here, doing 2 different techniques on just one card!
  • Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about this!
 This is what the card looks like opened up.
stamp set:  'All That You Are'
card stock:
  • Daffodil Delight- 7 3/4 x 4 1/4 "- score at 5 1/2" for card base; 4 1/4 x 3 3/4"; 3/8" strip- stamp words onto & cut off strip with paper snips to your desired length, then flag ends using your paper snips too!
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4"- stamp greeting on for the inside of the card; 4 1/2 x 3 1/2- for outside of card layer- adhere vellum to the top of this; 1 1/2" strip- stamp flowers onto &fussy cut out with your paper snips
  • Vellum-4 1/4 x 3 1/4- stamp flowers/leaf images onto this
designer paper:  Gingham Gala
ink:  Black Stazon, Black Memento
Stampin' blends:  Light & Dark Daffodil Delight, Light & Dark Old Olve
other:  Wink of Stella, Organdy SAB Ribbon- available NOW- while supplies last only!; Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
+++++++
We arrived in Utah about noon.  We had a super nice driver take us to our hotel.  Our room wasn't ready yet- so we walked about 1 1/2 miles & had a yummy turkey pot pie for lunch at one of my favorite places- the Nauvoo Cafe in the Temple Square.  And then after some mess ups- we finally got checked into our room.  Waiting for us was a cool wooden create with snacks in it!  And a beautiful Tag & note from Sara & Shelli.  Our room is huge & pretty!  The hotel is old & gorgeous.  The luggage guy, Clark- is such a nice man & so sweet & helpful! 

Deke took a little nap & then my friend Donna & her husband Jeff - picked us up at our hotel & we had a great supper & wonderful time visiting with them!  And I'm so bummed we didn't get a picture of all us together!  We are thankful for their friendship & thrilled they made the time to come eat with us & visit! 

This morning we are up & headed to our Riverton Office for my celebration!!  I know it will be an amazing day.......I am excited, nervous & anxious! 

I hope you have WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment