Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

An 'Ornamental Pines' card


I do believe that the 'Ornamental Pines' stamp set in the Holiday Catalog is one of my favorite sets.  This card is similar to one of the cards I offered in my Christmas card kits- but it is going the other direction & I didn't put a flag (banner) on it for the words.  I really like both of them.
 I added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to it for some sparkle & just loved it! And I used strings from the Burlap Ribbon to tie & add a bow over the pine cones.   The Woodgrain Embossing folder helps to add a little dimension & texture to the card.
stamp set:  'Ornamental Pines'
card stock:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla
ink:  Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso
other supplies:  Big Shot, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Circle Framelits, Paper Snips, 
Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Burlap Ribbon, Glue Dots

You can see the other card I made similar to this layout, but going the other direction BY CLICKING HERE!
+++++++++++++++
I spent the whole day yesterday working on farm stuff.  I got most of it done.  What a great feeling!!  I even got my homemade noodles made too last night before I went to bed- so they are drying & will be ready for me to cook tomorrow morning.  As tomorrow we have my side of family Thanksgiving Dinner at Beckie & Dan's home.  

Today we will be spending the whole day with our kids & grandkids!!  We are going to be on the go!  This morning we are getting our family pictures taken in the snow.  And then this afternoon we are all headed to Des Moines to see Disney on Ice & then we'll go out for supper.  All of us are going except for Deke- as he has a ton of meetings next week & had too much work on the farm to do to take off to go with us- which is a huge bummer.  I am not sure who is more excited about going to Disney on Ice- the kids or the adults!  It was a family tradition to take our kids to Disney on Ice during Thanksgiving weekend when they were young, but Sarah & Steve have never been to it before.  Nathan & Sarah stopped here last night for a bit & she said that she was super excited to be going!!  It looks like the weather is going to be good too- so we should have an almost perfect day!

I hope you have a SUPER Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
HUGS!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment