Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

A beautiful 'Watercolor Wing's butterfly!!

Oh my gosh.....this is a card that I created at the beginning of July for my monthly classes.  I just realized that I hadn't shared it yet here on my blog.  I love it!!  It was alot of fun to make!  There are a couple of new techniques I shared here with everyone.  This card was a big hit at most of my classes.  As Cindy said though- it isn't a card that you'd want to make multiples of but it sure would be a wow card to send to someone special in your life. 
stamp set:  'Watercolor Wings' & 'Tin of Cards' 
card stock:  Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight (inside piece), Window Sheet 
designer paper:  Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack
ink:  Black Memento, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight
marker:  Basic Black (for the little dots on the front left edge)
other:  Big Shot, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Framelits, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Note Tag Punch, Basic Black Satin ribbon, 2 1/2" Circle Punch (for inside)
Check out the floating butterfly in the inside.  My dear demonstrator friend Julie Davison shared this idea & I loved it!  I just knew I had to come up with an idea to be able to share it with my customers too.  I cut out 2 little butterflies & they look like they are floating in air by being glue dotted to a window sheet strip.

Don't you like the cute 'window' cut out in the designer paper on the front of my card? 
 How did I do it?
  • Take a piece of 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" designer paper. 
  • Slide the Note Tag Punch into the paper as far as you can (leaving approx. a 1/4" edge on both the left & right sides) & punch out.
  • Then turn the designer paper over (180*) & again slide the Note Tag Punch in as far as it can go.  
  • You'll then line up the punch with what you've already punch out.
  • There will only be a little smiley face at the top curve of the punch to remove with this punch- thus creating the image shown.  

++++++
Yesterday was a beautiful day outside & we were out there almost all day.  The boys rode their 4 wheelers, played in the sandbox & on the swing set.  They all should have been tired last night.  As I know G'ma was beat!  
 
Nathan, Sarah, Brayden, Manda, Steve & 3 boys & Trevor(like our other son) were all here to eat supper with us last night.  I grilled brats & pork patties & then we had our first sweet corn of the summer too.  It was sure yummy!
Brody, Brayden, Drake & Trey playing in our BIG sandbox! 
 
Today I think I'm home alone!  I have piles of mail, laundry, bookwork, etc to catch up on from being gone all last week.  I have been on the go since I got home & I haven't even had time to unpacked my suitcases yet.  I also need to go get groceries, go to the bank, etc......so I am praying I get alot checked off of my list of things to do today!!  Tomorrow I'll be a stampin' fool.  WOW- my monthly classes for August start on Sunday!!  Woo Hoo!  I have lots of ideas in my head & I'll be praying that I have good mojo in creating! 

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment