Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Sending Thankful Thoughts!!

Wow- this is such a pretty card- don't you think!  It is stunning in person.  It is just a perfect fall card!!

I made this card for one of my Holiday Extravaganza class projects that I had the end of last month.  I've saved posting it so that I could share it today!  Not only are the pumpkins & leaves perfect for this time of year, but I thought that the words were perfect for sharing on Thanksgiving Day!

These pumpkins are just gorgeous!  They have such dimension, color & reality to them.  And can you believe that they are from the  Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper (the Halloween designer paper) on page 49 in the Holiday Catalog.  I know- wow huh!  There isn't a framelit that goes with these pumpkins, but they weren't that hard at all to just fussy cut out with my Paper Snips. 
I thought the pumpkins needed some leaves to go with them.   So check out how I took the Leaf punch & cut apart the leaves to tuck in under the pumpkins.  
Of course I had to add some pumpkins & leaves to the inside of my card too!  
Did you notice how I used the Woodland Embossing Folder on the background here.  I then took my sponge dauber & lightly rubbed some Crumb Cake ink over the top of the trees so that they would pop a little more.  

It is kind of card to tell by the photo, but added a 4 x 2" strip of Old Olive along the card front bottom.  I curved the ends alittle, so that it looked more like grass.  And then I actually took that piece of card stock, wadded it up- making lots of creases & crinkles in it & then smoothed it back out.  I wanted to add some extra dimension to it.  

stamp set:  'Flourish Filigree'
card stock:  
  • Early Espresso-
  • Old Olive-
  • Crumb Cake-
designer paper:  Toil & Trouble Designer Paper
ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
other:  Big Shot, Standard Platform, Woodland Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Leaf Punch, Everyday Label Punch, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Gold Metallic Pearls, 5/8" Striped Burlap Ribbon (I cut this ribbon in strips to wrap one around the card front & tied the other half in a knot & then shredded the ends). 
+++++++++++
I spent my day yesterday with all 6 kids.  I love them all dearly, but all 6 of them together sure is crazy!  It works best to pair them up!  When Manda got here to get their boys, Drake decided he was staying with me for awhile longer to keep me company!  When he went home I started cooking,  getting things made for today's Thanksgiving lunch.  I made an Oreo Dessert & 2 batches of home made noodles. 

This morning I'll finish cooking......I have 2 hams to bake & a chicken too!  And then my home made noodles that I made last night to cook too!  We are going to my sister Beckie & Dan's for lunch with my side of the family.  I think there will be a big group of us there. 

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!!  I hope you have a very blessed day with family & friends!  I know I have alot to be thankful for!  I have an awesome husband & family.  And on my list of thankful things is each of you!  Thank you for stamping with me & letting me share my love of stamping with you!!

I hope you enjoy this special day!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment