Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Note cards= Holiday Gift Card Holders!!

Have you noticed the Narrow Note Cards/Envelopes on page 193 in the Annual Catalog?  
Well I used them to make these cute little gift card holders that I'm sharing with you today!

I used the adorable 'Hung with Care' hostess set on page 55 in the Holiday Catalog too, for the front of my cards.  

These gift cards are clean & simple!  But yet so cute!!  I just love the way they turned out!  Keep reading, as I have all of the supplies & measurements for you below. 

I used some of the 2018-2020 In Colors, along with the coordinating Designer Paper to decorate them.  
This one is Lovely Lipstick! 
*dsp- 4 x 1" 
*Whisper White- 1/2" strip (for words); 2 1/2" strip to stamp stocking on & punch out with 2" Circle punch 
*Lovely Lipstick- 2 1/2" strip to punch out with Starburst punch
 
This one is Call Me Clover! 
*dsp-  4 x 1"  
*Whisper White- 1/2" strip (for words); 2" strip to stamp stocking on & punch out with 1 3/4" Circle punch
*Call Me Clover- 2 1/2" strip to punch out with 2" Circle punch
This one is Blueberry Bushel!
*dsp- 4 x 1"
*Whisper White- 1/2" strip (for words); 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" to stamp stocking on
*Blueberry Bushel- 1 3/4" x 2 3/4" 
And then check out how I added little pockets to the inside of them to hold gift cards!!  

How did I make the inside pocket for the gift card?
*Whisper White- 4 1/4 x 4 1/4"- score at 2 1/8" & fold in half.  
*I used the 1 3/4" Circle punch & made alittle notch through the open edge of it when it was folded (to make a place to be able to pull out the gift card).
*I use Tear & Tape along the inside edges on the top & the bottom to form the pocket.
*I then used Tear & Tape again to secure the pocket to the inside of the card.
For my inside wording I used the 'Takeout Treats' stamp set on page 50 of the Holiday Catalog
I thought it just matched up perfectly with them!
Which one of these gift card holders is your favorite?  
Humm.......I like them all!  
But I think I like the Lovely Lipstick one the best! 
I just love that stocking!

I know I'm not a shopper at all.  
We give cash & gift cards to our kids for Christmas, along with just a little gift.  
So I'll be making several of these gift card holder 
for us to give this upcoming holiday season.

stamp sets:  'Hung with Care' & 'Takeout Treats'
card stock:  Lovely Lipstick, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel & Whisper White
designer paper:  2018-2020 In Color DSP stack
ink:  Lovely Lipstick, Call Me Clover & Blueberry Bushel  
Stampin' Write Marker:  Real Red (to cover the holly berries on the green stocking)
other:  Note Cards & Envelopes, Tear & Tape, Classic Label Punch, Starburst Punch, 2" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch
++++++++++
Yesterday was a busy & long day!!  We started out bright & early at 5 a.m., to head outside to mark, sort & sell hogs.  So I was a farmer helping Deke with pigs & worked outside almost all morning.  We got alot done.  But it was chilly!  Thankfully it didn't start raining until right before lunch time.  I then worked on piles of bookwork all afternoon & baked a chocolate sheet cake. 

Then last night we went to Deke's parents for our Thanksgiving supper with some of his family.  It was his brother Doug's birthday too, so we celebrated it.  It was later when we got home.

This morning Deke is up early to work on the farm all day & I am up early to work on cutting Christmas card kits & creating calendar pages for all of my December monthly classes.  Sarah & I might run to a local pottery real quick this morning too, but other than that I hope to be home the majority of the day/night to work on stamping stuff!  

Tomorrow our family is all going to Des Moines for our Annual Family Fun Day, to see Disney on Ice!!  We are all excited about seeing it!!  The boys have been counting down the days.  I'm not sure Mother Nature is going to be very kind to us though, as there is quite abit of snow predicted in southern Iowa for tomorrow.  I hope the snow misses us or at least comes later in the evening!!  Guess we'll just have to wait & see!  

Gotta run......
I hope you have a SUPER Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment