Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Christmas Ornaments!

This ornament card is a very non traditional one.  I love the way it turned out!  This ornament set it pretty cute! 

This is one of the 5 cards everyone will be making this week at my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack classes.  They get to make 2 each of 5 different cards.  

When we were on the Stampin' Up! incentive trip in July, there was a card on the display board with these ornaments.  It was nothing like this card, but it sure caught my eye & made me see the possibilities in creating with this set!  

I used the 'Beautiful Baubles' stamp set for the ornaments.  And 'Christmas Traditions Punch Box' for the words, along with the cute punch too!

The designer paper is from the Country Lane DSP.  It is suppose to be fall, but I love the Blackberry Bliss color & thought it worked great for a more modern Christmas card here.  

Of course......you have to have some bling!  I added some Basic Rhinestones over some of the sparkle images.  And finished it off by adding a little bow in the top corner.  

So what do you think?  I hope you like it as much as I do!

stamp sets:  'Beautiful Baubles' & 'Christmas Traditions Punch Box'
card stock:  Smoky Slate, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White
designer paper:  Country Lane
ink:  Black Berry Bliss
other:  Basic Rhinestones, Punch (from Christmas Traditions Tin), dimensionals, Glue Dots, Nature's Twine pack (Blackberry Bliss)
+++++++
So I've had many phone calls, some emails & several of you that have asked me in person (even other demonstrators (some I knew & some I'd never met before) when I was at On Stage) as to why I wasn't journaling much any more.  Honestly- I've been so busy lately with pigs, kids & stamping that I am having a hard time keeping up with everything.  And I haven't had much sleep.  So not taking the extra time each night before I go to bed to add more to my post is what was was going on.  I'll try to add some for all of you to keep track of us.  I often just feel like I'm a broken record though.  So it warms my heart that you read my journaling & care about what our family is doing.  Thank you all for caring!  And thank you all for asking & checking in on me!

Yesterday was an early & busy day with the kids.  Last night when they went home I made a quick trip to Osky to deposit a hog check & pick up a few groceries.  We were out of milk & bread & a few other things that I had to have.  When I got home I put away groceries & made Deke a late supper when he finally got in.  I then burnt the midnight oil stamping!

It has been a busy week here on the farm.  As we are excited to report that our corn is finally all picked!!  Jessie & Nate came down late on Monday afternoon to start it.  Masen got to ride in the combine for awhile with Nate (so he was super excited about that).  We've been working on potty training him & I'm very pleased to report that he is doing awesome (finally)!!!  I officially only have one (Ainslee) in diapers now- so that is pretty cool!  My boys are all getting to be big boys!

Deke had 2 meetings yesterday & then worked late on the farm moving corn around & hauling in big cornstalk bales.  Ben got here yesterday afternoon & thankfully it was dry enough that he got 132 big cornstalk bales done for us.  That is great as now our piggies will have some nice warm bedding to sleep in this winter, as we didn't have any left over at all from last fall. 

Today is a busy day for everyone around here again.  Nathan, Sarah, Manda & Steve, all have early meetings.  So I'm off early to go to Manda's house.  And Deke is going to go chore early & then come back in to stay with Masen & Ainslee until I get back from town & taking the twins to school.  I'm glad Deke is able to help me out this morning, as it sure makes it much easier for me to not have them all to take in & out of the vehicles.  Deke then has a meeting to attend later this morning in Mt. Pleasant & he will come home to work on picking up more big cornstalk bales this afternoon/ evening.  Tonight when the kids go home I'll be a busy bee cutting LOTS of card stock!!!

Gotta run.....
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday! 
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what is happening at the Wood homestead. I don't know how you get it all done! I love the colors of todays card. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Kate! I am glad you like this card! I do too! When I started journaling it was because my aunt that lived in Cedar Rapids looked at my blog each day & she wanted to know what we'd been up to. I am sad to say that she passed away this past last year. And I honestly didn't realize that so many people were actually reading my journaling. I was shocked to learn this & it has touched my heart that so many of you do read about our family & life's happenings! Thanks for commenting on this. I love it when I hear back from my followers here. You take care too! Many blessing to you this upcoming holiday season! Happy Stamping!!!

      Delete