Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2019

'Golden Afternoon'

Today is a simple Saturday, with a great monochromatic card using Soft Suede & Crumb Cake! 

I needed to make & send out a couple of sympathy cards this week!  So this is the card that I whipped up.  This is a new stamp set in the Occasions Catalog called- 'Golden Afternoon'- pg. 31.

When I first looked at this set I was thinking that the trees aren't really like we have around here.  But honestly- there is a tree on a curve about 1 1/2 miles from our home that is almost like this!  I looked at it while driving home from taking the boys to school last week & was just shocked that it was so similar.

But I REALLY like the birds in this stamp set & I love all of the words!!  I often sending Thinking of You cards....as they can be used for so many different occasions!
Where did I get this ribbon?  It is the Whisper White 5/8" Flax Ribbon (pg. 35 in the Occasions Catalog)- cut it to approx 3"- cut in half, tied in a knot & then shredded the ends!

stamp set:  'Golden Afternoon'
card stock:  
  • Soft Suede-  5 1/2 x 6 1/2- score at 4 1/4" for card base; 4 1/2 x 3 1/2"
  • Crumb Cake- 4 x 5 1/2"; 3 3/4 x 1/4"- stamp words on to go across the front of the card
  • Whisper White-  3 1/4 x 4 1/4"
designer paper:  Nature's Poem
ink:  Soft Suede
other:  Dimensionals, Glue Dot, Whisper White 5/8" Flax Ribbon
 ++++++++
Yesterday I just had Masen & Ainslee here for the day.  They then went with us last night to set up tables & chairs in SE for my meeting on Sunday.  When we got done there we took them home & then ran to town & ate supper at the Copper Lantern.  When we got home I worked on stamping stuff & finally called it a night.
 
As we are up early this morning in the bitter cold to mark, sort & sell hogs at 5:00 a.m.  The semi pulled in here last night about 9 & slept here- so hoping the driveways aren't drifted in the morning & all goes well.  

When I get in later this morning from helping Deke on the farm, I'll then spend the rest of my day working on farm bookwork!  

I hope you have a SPECIAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, that is beautiful! I wouldn't have even considered this stamp set, but now, seeing how wonderful it looks, I may have to change my mind.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. I am glad that you like it! Happy Stamping! Susie

      Delete