Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019

A rooster!!

So.........last night I finally played with this 'Home to Roost' stamp set!  This stamp set is one of the Sale-a-bration choices that you can get for free with a $50 product order.  

Oh my gosh.......within less an 1 hour I created 3 totally different cards using this stamp set!!  And I was just using scraps laying in my box.  

Roosters are so many different colors!  I'd say almost any color combination would be cool & work just fine!!  I honestly was trying to not color him too much, as I wanted him to be simple. 

My grandparents had chickens & I did not like having to gather eggs & get pecked by the hens. The Roosters just usually strutted around & didn't bother us.  But we had fried chicken at grandma's every Sunday for lunch after church.  Oh how I wish I could have some of grandma's yummy fried chicken again! 

On this rooster I colored him with my Stampin' Blends!  I used these colors:  Dark Old Olive, Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Real Red & Light Crumb Cake, with a Light Smoky Slate under his feet!

Check out how I used the Hexagons Embossing folder & then sponged over it with my Soft Suede ink pad.  Wow- it was just amazing how it made the hexagons pop out & look like a wire chicken fence!  

Sometime within the next week I'll be sure that I post the other 2 Rooster cards that I made.  So be sure you stop back by to check them out!

When I made this card I thought of my friends Karen & Susan- that both have chickens!!!  We get brown eggs from them both & as so spoiled & blessed to still get farm fresh eggs to eat at our house!   

stamp set:  'Home to Roost'
card stock:  Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
ink:  Black Memento, Soft Suede
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Old Olive, Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Real Red, Light Crumb Cake, Light Smoky Slate
other:  Burlap, Big Shot, Standard Platform, Hexagons Embossing Folder, Sponge, Classic Label Punch, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, dimensionals, glue dots
+++++++++
Yesterday was another crazy day with more snow!!!!  We woke up to big drifts of snow!!  You gotta just love living in Iowa.  It wasn't as cold yesterday & the sun was shinning good.  Hopefully he melted the snow enough to put a hard top on it so it blow & drift any more. 

Check out this photo from our family room window!  We couldn't even get our family room door open!  The drifts were above the bottom of the window. 
And this one was shows that Deke had already bladed out the driveway with the tractor/blade.  

Yesterday I just had Masen & Ainslee.  Today we should be back on our normal schedule.  I'm headed to town to get Trey & will spend my day with the 3 little ones & see the twins for a few minutes before & after school.  

Deke is up early this morning to chore & head to Ottumwa to a meeting.  And then back home to work on the farm this afternoon.  

Tonight when the kids go home I'll be cutting card stock again!!  I'm working on swaps & demos for my team meeting I have this coming weekend!

Gotta run.......
I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment