Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

Another Rooster!!!

Here is another fun rooster card!!!  For this one I choose to use Basic Black, Real Red & Crumb Cake card stock colors!!  And then I colored the rooster with my Dark Soft Suede, Dark Red Red & Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends! 
stamp set:  'Home to Roost'
card stock:  
  • Basic Black- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 5 1/2" for card base; 2 1/4 x 5"
  • Real Red- 2 3/4" strip to cut out circle with the Layering Circle Framelits; 3 x 5 1/4"
  • Crumb Cake- 2 3/4" strip to stamp Rooster onto & punch out using the Starburst punch; 2 x 4 3/4"- Emboss using the Hexagon Embossing Folder & then sponge with Soft Suede ink. 
ink:  Black Memento, Soft Suede
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Soft Suede, Dark Old Olive, Dark Real Red
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Layering Circle Framelits, Starburst Punch, Burlap, Standard Plate, Hexagon Embossing Folder, Sponge, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

NOTE:  This stamp set is a Sale-a-bration choice & you can get it for FREE with a $50 product order!

Check out this card.....can you believe these are the same cards?  There is a huge difference!
Yes this is the exact same card, but on this one I did not sponge over the Hexagon Embossing Folder.  Can you believe how much of a difference there is in how the sponging just makes the card so much prettier & it also pops too!!  

How did I add the Soft Suede ink:
  •  I just used my Soft Suede ink pad & a sponge.  
  • I rubbed the ink over the Hexagon Embossing image in a circular motion, burnishing it onto the card stock. 
This is another photo that shows the difference in them.
They are:
  • the same color of card stock
  • the same Embossing folder
  • But I just added the sponging to the top one & WOW!!!  What a difference!  I love it!
+++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids.  As there was no school.  I did get a quick hair cut squeezed in for Drake.  Now to find time to get the other boys cut too!  For the majority of the time- they played well!  And little Miss Ainslee tried to keep up with them.  When they went home last night I worked on stamping stuff! 

This morning I'm not sure what is in store again..... we shall see!  There is no school again- so I'm planning on all of the kids again! 

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment