Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Butterfly card

Did you see that yesterday I shared a quick post & a close up photo of this pretty butterfly!!  Well- here is the entire card for you to see.  Keep on reading for more information about it.  And at the end of my post I have all of the supplies, along with the measurements so that you can copy my card!

This card is one of my January monthly class cards.  So everyone joining me to stamp this week will be making this!!!  I know at my class on Sunday, this card was one of everyone's favorites! 

You all know that I just love black & white cards!  They are my favorite!!  And on this black & white card I added a little splash of color too with adding in the butterfly!!  

How did I do the butterfly?  You aren't gonna believe how easy it is!  I used the Sale-a-bration Botanical Butterfly DSP, along with my Duo Butterfly Punch and just punched out the butterfly from a strip of the DSP.  It is just so quick, easy & gorgeous!!  

This is what the each page in the whole package of it looks like!!  There are colorful images on one side of each sheet & then on the back side of each sheet are black & white images! 
 
 So I cut the DSP sheet of butterflies into strips like shown below.  
**NOTE- the butterflies are different colors & different sizes, but each one of them will work perfectly with the large butterfly from Butterfly Duo punch!!
Check out this photo.....see how I cut the strips!  And look at the butterflies that I punched out!! 
Isn't that just soooo cool!!!  There are many different ones & they are all gorgeous!
I did add the Wink of Stella over the top of the entire butterfly to give it some added sparkle!  

So what do you think? 

The stripped DSP that I used here on the card too is also from this same Botanical Butterfly Sale-a-bration DSP.

Do you want some of this DSP?  It is FREE during Sale-a-bration (from now until March 31, 2019) with a product order of $50.  Be sure you add it to your wish list & get it!  It is a must have forsure!  


Here are the supplies & the measurements so that you can make this card too!
stamp set:  'Butterfly Gala'
card stock:  
  • Basic Black- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half for the card base; 2 3/4 x 4"
  • Whisper White- 3 3/4 x 5" (for outside of the card); 3 3/4 x 5" (for inside of the card); 3 3/4 x 3/4"- stamp your words onto this strip; 2" strip to cut out the square scalloped Layering Square Framelits- square measures 1 3/4 x 1 3/4". 
designer paper:
  • Botanical Butterfly DSP- 5 x 2" (for the stripped DSP)
  • Strips of DSP to punch out the Butterfly using the Butterfly Duo punch
ink:  Black Memento
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Layering Square Framelits, Wink of Stella, Whisper White Polka Dot ribbon (4"), dimensionals, Glue Dots
++++++++++
It is crazy here with kids, pigs & stamping!  

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment