Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2019

'Birthday Cheer'!

Do you have someone special that you want to send a birthday card to?  Well this would be a great card to make & send to them!!!  

This is a cute birthday card with a fun layout!!  Just check it out!!!  This is another one of  the cards that everyone coming to stamp with me for my January monthly card classes will be making this week!

I cut 4 squares that are different sizes-
  1. Night of Navy- 1 1/2 x 1 3/4"
  2. Call Me Clover- 1 2/ x 3 1/4"
  3. Call Me Clover- 2 1/4 x 1 3/4"
  4. Night of Navy- 2 1/4 x 3 1/4"
I then used the NEW Dot to Dot Textured Embossing Folder to emboss the Call Me Clover pieces.  And the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder to emboss the Night of Navy pieces.

I put all of the pieces into the 2 embossing folders diagonally- so I would get an angled look.

I stamped the birthday hat onto a piece of Whisper White card stock, using my Black Memento ink pad & then colored some of the stripes with my Dark Call Me Clover & Dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends.  I used the Wink of Stella to color in the top of the hat & the white stripes.  NOTE:  There is a framelit with this stamp set, but not one for the birthday hat- so you'll have to use your paper snips & fussy cut it out. 


stamp set:  'Birthday Cheer'
card stock:  
  • Call Me Clover- 1 1/2 x 3 1/4 & 2 1/4 x 1 3/4- Emboss using the Dot to Dot Embossing folder
  • Night of Navy-  1 1/2 x 1 3/4 & 2 1/4 x 3 1/4"- Emboss using the Simple Stripes Embossing folder; 3 x 2 1/4"- layer under words on the outside of the card
  • Thick Whisper White-  5 1/2 x 8 1/2- score at 4 1/4", fold in half for card base
  • Whisper White-  4 x 5 1/4- for inside of the card; 2 3/4' strip to stamp the birthday hat onto & then fussy cut it out with your Paper Snips; 2 3/4 x 2"- to stamp words on the outside of the card
ink:  Black Memento
Stampin' Blends:  Dark Call Me Clover & Dark Night of Navy
other:  Call Me Clover 1/8"ribbon, Wink of Stella, Big Shot, Standard Platform, Dot to Dot Textured Embossing Folder, Simple Stripes Embossing Folder, Paper Snips.  Dimensionals, Glue Dots
++++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with the kids & then I burnt the midnight oil cutting card stock.  

This morning Deke is up early to chore.  He will be gone all day, as he is taking his mom to Cedar Rapids to some dr appointments.  I'm up early to get some more card stock cut before I go get the boys!  I'll take the twins to school & then spend my day with the 3 little ones.  When the kids are all gone home again tonight I'll be cutting cardstock & getting things done for my upcoming stamp classes I have this weekend.  

I hope you have a great Thursday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment