Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Stampin' Up!- 'Thoughtful Branches'

Oh wow- You're In My Thoughts.......I just love the font on these words.  Yep- I'm using the stamp set 'Thoughtful Branches' again......this is a great guy card.  Or it could be a nice sympathy card too.  It is clean & simple, yet elegant. 

 stamp set:  'Thoughtful Branches'- AUGUST SPECIAL
card stock:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze
other:  5/8" Burlap Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I wanted to add a little color to the corners on the front of this card, so attached these 1 1/4 x 1 1/4" squares on all 4 corners.  And I made the leaves more of a collage style by twisting & turning them & stamping them over each other.

Check out the cool bow!!  It was actually an accident that turned out great!!  I was trying to tie a bow with tails & they just wouldn't go down.  This new 5/8" Burlap Ribbon is the perfect width, but it is a little stiff for tying.  So I was going to redo the bow & soften the burlap by rubbing my fingernail over it.....but then decided to cut the tails pointed & leave it as it was.   And I really like it!
++++
Yesterday Masen spent the whole day/evening with me.  Brayden was here all afternoon, until he went to football practice & then he spent the night with the Seeley Family.  Nathan & Deke worked late in the shop on the race car & Sarah was working at our National Night Out kids event in town.  So it was late when Masen left.  I didn't have a card made to use for my blog post today, so this is what I whipped up real quick.  Yep- I LOVE FALL- so I just couldn't resist doing something with the leaf image in this stamp set.  And I do love the way it turned out!

This morning Deke is off early to chore & head to the office for the morning.  Nathan has an early meeting, so will drop Masen off on his way to it.  Tonight we're all headed to Osky to the races to cheer on Nathan!  

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment