Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Stampin' Up!- Another spooky haunted house!

Oh my......I have another upcoming Holiday Catalog sneak peek for you.  Check out this spooky haunted house Halloween card.  I think I got a little carried away with layering & cutting things out on this card.  But boy is it adorable in person!
How did I make the house?  
#1.  I lightly stamped house image on the back side of the gray brick image designer paper, (which is this gray & black dsp that has these little haunted houses on it- as shown in the photo),  using the Black Memento ink pad.  I just needed the image to lightly be there so that I could cut along the outside lines of the house. 
#2.  I then used my paper snips & cut out the house, along the outside edge line. 
#3.  I attached the house to my card stock, stamped the roof & then started adding the other images- door, window, bats, etc.....

The stamp set I used is the 'Sweet Home' set, plus I used the coordinating thinlits that go with it called- Home Sweet Home- page 40 in the Holiday Catalog. Oh I love it when Stampin' Up! has things that coordinate together like this! 
I used the new Halloween Night Pumpkin Pie Enamel Dot for the door knob. 
For the layered banner- I stamped the outline stamp of the banner onto white card stock using the Black Memento ink pad.  I then stamped the Trick or Treat words in the center of that banner, using Pumpkin Pie ink.  This isn't hard to do, as the stamp set is photopolymer.  I then cut the flagged ends of the banner off with my paper snips & layered that center part of the banner onto a solid Pumpkin Pie banner that I cut out.  I wanted to give the words more dimension & make them 'pop' by layering them with 2 different colors like this. 

stamp sets:  'Sweet Home' & 'Jar of Haunts' (the words)
card stock:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
designer paper:  Halloween Night Specialty DSP
ink:  Black Memento, Pumpkin Pie
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Precision Plate, Home Sweet Home Thinlits, Paper Snips, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Halloween Night Baker's Twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

This is how I made the tag.  I cut a piece of card stock 1 1/4" x 3" & then cut the words "to eat" off the bottom of it. 

NOTE:  Usually you cut the card stock at 2" wide to fit exactly into the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.....mine is narrow.  I just centered it in the middle- like shown below in the photo & it worked perfectly!
See here how I slid the card stock into the center of the punch.  


++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with boys!  They went with Deke & I to Osky to the bank in the morning for an appointment we had over there.  We played outside in the afternoon & stopped to get an ice cream cone at Walkers on our way back to their house about 4:30.  I ran errands for Deke in town & then went back to Osky to get groceries & things for the boys birthday party!!  It was late when I got home, got the car unloaded & everything put away.  And then made Deke supper when he got in & finally called it a night.

This morning I have lots to do to help finish getting ready for the twins' birthday party that is tonight at the Seeley's home.  I need to make their cards, wrap their gifts.....and I'm making marinated tenderized ham steaks, cheesy potatoes & need to cut up the watermelon to take to the party too.  We are grilling out!  Hoping the rain holds off at least during the party.  I know the boys are excited!  I can't believe that they will be 5 in a few days!  Wow- where does time go? 

Gotta run.....
I hope you have a SENSATIONAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment