Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

'Special Reason' flowers!!

Here is an other fun easel fold card!  

I love these colors together!!!  I used Old Olive & Sweet Sugarplum!  I shadow stamped the 2 little flowers here.  How did I do that?  I inked the stamp, stamped it off onto my grid paper before I stamped it onto my Whisper White card stock- so that theses 2 little flowers are a shade lighter in color than the big flower. 

This is a card that I created a couple of weeks ago for a monthly swap that I'm in with some demonstrator friends.  The should have gotten their cards in the mail last weekend.  I hope they all liked it! 
I wanted to make the center of the flowers have some type of "pop out" look to them.  The center is a little different shaped, so I couldn't add our White Accents or Pearls to the centers of them.  So I decided to try adding our Fine Tip Glue to the center of the flowers.  I know I'd heard that our Fine Tip Glue is similar to our retired Crystal Effects that we use to have.  YEP- it worked great!  I am glad I tried it!  I just made sure that I let them dry for a few hours before putting the finished cards into my clear envelopes.  I will be forsure be using our Fine Tip Glue on other things I stamp in the future to add a glossy shine to them!
This is what the card looks like when it is standing up, as an easel!

So what do you think?  Didn't it turn out pretty!  I just love it!  It is a totally 'Susie' card. 

You can see another card that earlier this month, where I used this same fold!  
Just  CLICK HERE!

stamp sets:  'Special Reason' & 'All Things Thanks'
card stock:  Old Olive, Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White 
designer paper:  Succulent Garden DSP
ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive
other:  Classic Label Punch, Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue, Succulent Garden 3/8" Ribbon, Glue Dot

What are the Measurements?
  • Old Olive- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4" & 1 1/4"; 4 1/2 x 3 3/4"; 1" strip
  • Sweet Sugarplum-  4 1/4 x 3 1/2"; 5 1/4 x 1"
  • Whisper White- 4 x 3 1/4", 5 1/4 x 2 3/4" (for inside)
  • Succulent Garden DSP- 5 1/4 x 1"
++++++
Yesterday was a fun day with the boys.  The weather was beautiful & we played outside!  This weather is amazing for February!  Hopefully Mother Nature isn't just teasing us.  I pray that we don't get any more snow or ice until next winter!  
 
Susie's Hair Hut was open to give Deke a quick hair cut (as it was long over due).  And then Masen hung out with G'ma all evening.  As Sarah & Deke both had meetings & Nathan & Josh were in the shop.   I worked on sorting boxes of stamps that came & placed a few orders too after Masen went home.

This morning Deke is off to chore early & head to the office for the morning.  I'm off to go pick up the boys.  I'll take the twins to pre-school & then spend my day with Trey & Masen.

Tonight I hope to start working on putting away things that are in boxes from my classes that I had this month.  I guess we'll see how late I have boys & how much I get accomplished!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment