Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

'Bookcase Builder' teddy bears!

Woo Hoo!
I have EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE WITH YOU!

Here is a fun card I made!  And it is PINK!  I never get to make anything pink, as we have 5 little boys.  But we are EXCITED to share our news that Nathan & Sarah are having a little girl in July!  So this grandma is going to be busier than ever with another little one.  It will be fun to have a little girl though.  She will have lots of boys around to protect her- that is forsure!  

So with our new little girl in mind I made this card!  I used the cute Occasions Catalog set- 'Bookcase Builder'.  It worked perfectly to stamp these little teddy bears onto a strip of Whisper White card stock & then cut all of these squares with our Layering Squares Framelits!
stamp set:  'Bookcase Builder'
card stock: 
*Blushing Bride-  
  • 5 1/2 x 8 1/2- fold in half for card base
  • 5 x 1/2- snips ends with paper snips to give them the flagged look
  • 1 3/4" strip (to cut squares)
*Crumb Cake-
  • 2" strip (to cut squares)
  • 5 x 1 1/4"
*Whisper White-
  • 1 1/2" strip (to stamp bears onto & cut out squares)
  • 3 1/2 x 1" (for outside of card to stamp 'congratulations' on)
  • 4 x 5 1/4 (for inside of card to stamp words onto) 
ink:  Crumb Cake
marker:  Blushing Bride
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Layering Squares Framelits, Blushing Bride 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Paper Snips

I've been making lists & starting to figure out stamp sets for the cards for my upcoming 'Annual All Occasions' card class that is next month.  This stamp set (& even possibly this card), might end up being one of my cards for this class.  I think this pink card turned out super cute!
++++++
Yesterday was a busy day working on tax stuff!  I got it all done & to our CPA.  Now I need to find time to get caught up on other things that have piled the past week. 

This morning I'm off to go pick up my boys for the day!  Masen will be here late tonight, as Sarah has a meeting.

Deke is off early this morning to chore & head to the office for his weekly board meeting.  And then he has another meeting tonight to go to too. 

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs!
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment