Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

Stampin' Up! Sweet Symmetry DSP

 Look at this gorgeous pinwheel card!!
I LOVE IT!
This is a totally Susie card.
 
I used the Sweet Symmetry DSP!
This Sweet Symmetry DSP & few others, are on SALE right now.
 
How did I make this pinwheel? 
  • Bumblebee CS- 2 pieces 2 7/8" x 2 7/8"
  • Night of Navy- 2 pieces 2 5/8" x 2 5/8"
  • DSP- Bumblebee- 4 pieces 1 1/4" x 1 1/4"
  • DSP- Night of Navy- 4 pieces 1 1/4" x 1 1/4"
  • I used the Tombo Multipurpose Glue so that I could put down my square & quickly move it so that is was straight & then pressed down into place.  As the liquid glue is very permanent & I love it.  It also gives you a second to move or slide your square to line it up.

1.  Start in the corner & add adhesive onto only a triangle back side part of the DSP, so that you can slide the last DSP piece under it to complete the pinwheel when you get to the end.

2.  I started out in one corner using the Night of Navy DSP square.  This is the one that I only added adhesive to the backside of the inside part of the triangle- so that I can slide the last square under it when I get to the end.

3.  I went all the way around adding each square- alternating colors & direction of them.  Use your grid paper & the center point of the 'triangle' for the Bumblee DSP.  Continue alternating colors & direction with every other color- going all the way around the big Night of Navy CS square.  You can see by the photo below how the first Night of Navy DSP square only had glue on a triangle half of it- so that I could slide the last Bumblebee DSP under it.




 

4.  Notice how the first Night of Navy DSP needs adhesive now added to it & stuck down to complete the pinwheel!

5.  It is now all done!

 This is what it looks like opened up!
 So what do you think?
Are you ready to make a pinwheel?
 Here are the measurements & supplies.
 
stamp set:  'In Symmetry' stamp set
card stock:
  • Night of Navy- 4 1/4 x 9 3/4"- score at 5 1/2"- for card base
  • Bumblebee- 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" (x2) 
  • Night of Navy- 2 5/8 x 2 5/8" (x2)
  • Basic White- 1 1/2" strip- stamp flower & fussy cut out with scissors
  • Basic White- 4 x 4"- for inside of card
  • Bumblebee-  1 1/4 x 4"- for bottom part of inside card base that shows
  • Basic White- 3/4 x 3 1/2"- stamp words onto & pop up on bottom part of card
designer paper:  Sweet Symmetry DSP- 
  • Bumblee DSP- 1 1/4 x 1 1/4"- (x4)
  • Night of Navy DSP- 1 1 /4 x 1 1/4"- (x4)
ink:  Night of Navy & Bumblebee
other:  Paper Snips; 2020-2022 In Color Square Gems; Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon; dimensionals; glue dots; Tombo Multipurpose Glue

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I just love this fun pinwheel card using the Sweet Symmetry DSP!

    ReplyDelete