Pages

Monday, July 26, 2021

Poppin' Pastels with Delicate Dahlias!

 I am lovin' coloring with the NEW Soft Pastel Chalks!
They can be found in the Annual Catalog on page 126!
#154585= $9.00
Have you noticed them?
They are a hidden gem!
This technique is called the Poppin' Pastel Technique!
How did I do it?
  1. Stamp flower outline image in Black Memento ink pad.
  2. Stamp solid flower image over the top of this, using VERSAMARK INK ink pad.
  3.  Using the edge of my scissors I just scrapped a little bit of the Soft Pastel Chalk powder off onto my Silicone Craft Sheet.
  4. I then colored my flower & leaves with Sponge Daubers by tapping on the powder.
  5. I did end up adding a little more chalk in the center of the flower & onto some of the lines in the flower & leaves to make it a little darker, by using my Blender Pen.
  6. I added a little Wink of Stella!
  7. And then fussy cut out the flower & leaf images using my scissors.
 This pretty card is a sneak peek of some NEW products you can get next week!
I made it using the 'Delicate Dahlias' stamp set.
This 'Delicate Dahlias' stamp set is a Sale-a-bration choice.
Beginning on 8/3/21- this stamp set is one you can choose for FREE
when you place a $50 product order from the Annual or Holiday Mini Catalogs!
 
I also used some NEW products on this card that are in the NEW Holiday Mini Catalog too! 
  • Matte Decorative Dots- #156289= $8.00
  • White  3/8" Glittered Organdy Ribbon- #156408=$8.50
 This is a center fold card, called a gate fold!
This is what it looks like when it is opened up!
 So what do you think?
It is clean & simple & yet elegant too!
I love it!

Here are the measurements & the supplies I used.
stamp set: 'Delicate Dahlias'- SAB choice- FREE with a $50 order beginning 8/3/21
card stock:
  • Bumblebee- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 2 1/8" on BOTH ends & fold into center.  This is the card base.
  • Granny Apple Green- 3 x 3"
  • Basic White- 2 3/4 x 2 3/4"
  • Basic White- 2 3/4" strip- stamp flower & leaves onto, color with Soft Pastel Chalks & then fussy cut out with scissors.
  • Basic White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
dsp:  Pattern Party DSP- HOSTESS CHOICE on page 171 in the Annual Catalog- 5 1/4 x 2"
ink:  Memento
other:  Paper Snips; Soft Pastel Chalks; Sponge Daubers; Matte Decorative Dots- available on 8/3/21; White 3/8" Glitter Organdy Ribbon- available on 8/3/21; Blender Pens; dimensionals; Glue Dots; Wink of Stella
 
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment