Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2019

'Sweetest Thing'- Explosion Pop Up card!

Wow- this is a fun card that I made yesterday for my May monthly classes!  It is bright, cheery & fun!!!  It would make a great card for a birthday, retirement, graduation, etc.  Wouldn't it be great for any celebration!
Where did I get this cupcake at?  It is actually an image in the How Sweet It Is DSP!  There isn't a framelit that coordinates with it, so I fussy cut it out with my Paper Snips.  I added some Wink of Stella to the frosting too- to add some sparkle!  Isn't it cute!

The doily- what is it?  This is the back side of the Colored Doilies- pg. 192 in the current Annual Catalog.  You get 24 doilies for $4.50.  I just used the back side of them, so that they were all white.  I just punched out a piece of the stripped DSP, using the 2 1/4" Circle Punch.
Check out the inside!  I did a fun explosion type- pop up!  I haven't done one of these for quite awhile.  It just added that extra fun to the card!

So what do you think?  Isn't it a fun card!  I hope everyone likes it!  

stamp set:  'Sweetest Thing'- RETIRING; 'Big Wishes'- RETIRING
card stock:
  • Gorgeous Grape- 5 1/2x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4- fold in half for card base
  • Granny Apple Green- 4 1/4 x 4 1/4"
  • Coastal Cabana- 2 3/4"- Circle punch for inside of card; 5 1/2 x 1"
  • Whisper White- 5 1/2 x 5 1/2- for inside explosion
designer paper:  How Sweet It Is- 4x4", 2 3/4" strip, 2 3/4 x 2 3/4"; cupcake strips- RETIRING
ink:  Coastal Cabana
other:  Coastal Cabana Reversible Ribbon- 4"-RETIRING, 2 1/4" Circle Punch, Colored Doilies-RETIRING; Wink of Stella, dimensionals, glue dots
++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day!!  I got up early yesterday morning & literally stamped all day/night, except for the 1 1/2 hours we ran to the boys soccer games.  I am so glad that I was finally able to get to watch them all 4 play soccer!  They all did great!  And it was a beautiful, sunny day outside too!

This morning I'm up early to finish cutting card stock & get things packed up!  I'm headed out the door after bit, as I have my monthly card class in N. Liberty today.  Denise is our hostess this month!!  I can't wait to see everyone & share!  I have some fun cards to share & I can't wait for them to see them!

Gotta run.....
I hope you have a SUPER Sunday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment