Pages

Monday, May 27, 2019

'Free As A Bird'- sneak peek!

Happy Memorial Day!!  
Today we salute the many men & women that have served our country.  And we also remember all of our loved ones that have passed too!
WOW- Check out this sneak peek!  This is a card that everyone made at my Spring Fling last month.  

When Deke & I were in Utah in March for my Celebration, I stamped with Sara & Shelli.  Shelli made this card when we were stamping, just especially for my Spring Fling event!  Isn't her card just gorgeous! It is so her stamping style!  I love it!!

She used the Whisper White note cards (pg. 193- #131427- Whisper White Note cards & envelopes), along with the new set- 'Free As A Bird' & the coordinating Bird Ballard DSP!! (that will be available on June 4th, 2019)

Check out the beautiful Petal Pink Organdy Striped ribbon here- which will be available on June 4th, 2019 too!!

NOTE:  Shelli used the Bird Ballard DSP on the card she made.  I didn't have enough of that DSP for my class, so on the bird card I'm sharing today (& the one for my Spring Fling) I changed her card & used the RETIRING DSP called- Twinkle Twinkle.   As this DSP is very similar to the Petal Pink dotted DSP in the Bird Ballard pack.

Do you see how she used the DSP to cover the flap of the note card envelope here too?  COOL!
 How did Shelli do the bird?
  • 2 x 2" Watercolor Paper
  • Use the embossing buddy
  • Stamp bird onto the Watercolor Paper using a Versamark ink pad.
  • Put Black Embossing Powder over it, tap off access & using the Heat Tool- you will heat emboss it.
  • Using an Aqua Painter with Petal Pink & Crumb Cake ink- color the bird.

Here are the supplies used on the card shown above-
stamp set:  'Free as A Bird'- available on June 4th, 2019
card stock:  Water Color paper, Whisper White Note Cards & Envelope- #131527
DSP:  Twinkle Twinkle- 2 1/4 x 2 1/4"
inks:  Petal Pink, Crumb Cake & Versamark 
other:  Heat Tool; Black Embossing Powder; Embossing Buddy; Petal Pink Organdy ribbon- available June 4th, 2019; dimensionals; Aqua Painter
+++++++++
Yesterday I spent all day doing book work.  We then went the twins baseball game & out to the lake to eat supper with our kids.  It was fun!  It was a gorgeous day/night- out.  
I am not done yet with my book work- so will work on it some tonight.  Today I'll be helping Deke on the farm.  We will hopefully get to the cemeteries yet tonight.  
I hope you have a MARVELOUS MEMORIAL DAY!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment