Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Starburst Fall card

Here is a fun fall card!
 
I haven't done a starburst card for a long time.....so I "played" when making this fall card!
I used some DSP & I also stamped some card stock leave images too!
For the stamped leaf images, I used my 'Lots to Celebrate' stamp set.
How did I do it?
  • I took 2 pieces of DSP that measured 1 1/2 x 4" each.
  • I laid them in my paper cutter, at opposite diagonals- like shown above & cut them both at the same time.
  • I then took 2 pieces of Cajun Craze cardstock that also measured 1 1/2 x 4" each
  • I stamped leaves on them (from my 'Lots to Celebrate') stamp set.  
  • I laid them in my paper cutter, at opposite diagonals- like shown above with the DSP & cut them both at the same time.
  • I then added them to a piece of 3 3/4 x 5" Very Vanilla card stock. 
  • I started by marking the top edge of the card stock at 2 1/2" for the center of the card.  This is where I butted up the 2 different center strips to start the starburst.
  • I added the other strips then to completely cover this 3 3/4 x 5" Very Vanilla card stock. 
  •  This is what it looked like when I got all of the diagonal strips adhered.

  • I turned it over & used my scissors to trip off the edges, all of the way around it.
stamp set:  'Beautiful Autumn'
card stock:
  • Early Espresso- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base; 5 x 1/4"
  • Cajun Craze-4 x 5 1/4"; 1 1/2 x 4"- cut at diagonal; 1 1/2 x 4"- cut at diagonal
  • Very Vanilla- 3 3/4 x 5"- adhere the diagonals to this; 1 1/2" strip- stamp words onto & die cut out with Tasteful Label Dies; 5 x 1/2"; 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP- 1 1/2 x 4"; 1 1/2 x 4"
ink:  Cajun Craze & Early Espresso
other:  Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Tasteful Label Dies; Forever Greenery Trim Combo- Very Vanilla ribbon; dimensionals; glue dots

I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

2 comments:

  1. Love your card, Susie! It's a great way to use DSP (because I tend to hoard it!) A very easy layout, but it produces such beautiful results! Thank you for sharing...going to give it a try! Have a great day! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. I am glad that you like it! I bet yours will be gorgeous. You should send me a picture of it! I want to try some other ideas I have using this starburst layout sometime soon & will share when I get them done. Happy Stamping! HUGS! SUSIE

      Delete