Pages

Monday, August 31, 2020

Starburst card

Here is another starburst card that I made!
This was a lot of fun to make & it was so easy to do!
 On this starburst card I added a couple of balloons to it.
As this is the card that I made for Masen's 5th birthday!
 
NOTES:  For the Balloons- I punched them out using the Balloon Bouquet Punch.  And the strings are just 2 very thin strips of card stock that I curled by wrapping around a pencil.  The asterisks on the balloons are from the 'Nothing Better Than' stamp set.  

HOW DID I DO IT?
I laid these strips in my paper cutter, at opposite diagonals- like shown below & cut them both at the same time.
#1.   1 1/2 x 4" each- diagonal cut these 2 strips.
#2.  1 1/2 x 4" each- diagonal cut these 2 strips.
#3.  Take a piece of 2 3/4 x 5"- Whisper White card stock & lightly mark it in the center top, along the 5" side, at the 2 1/2" mark.
 
#4.  Now start adhering these diagonal strips to the 2 3/4 x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock, by starting in the center, on the mark you made, like this.
 
#5.  Alternate DSP pattern/colors.  And when you are done it should look like this. 
 #6.  Flip it over so that you can see the strips that are hanging over the edges. 
#7.  Using your Paper Snips (scissors), cut along the Whisper White card stock edges, removing the dsp that is hanging over the edges.  
 #8.  Flip it over to the front side & it looks like this! 
#9.  You now need to stamp the words, along the bottom edge of the 3 3/4 x 5" piece of card stock & adhere the starburst piece of card stock to it! 
#10.  Now adhere is all together & it looks like this!  I love it!  And I hope you do too! 

And then check out how I decorated the inside of his card!
I added cookies to it!
 
Sarah did different kind of cookies for Masen's birthday party, instead of cake.
So I thought that this was very fitting for this special celebration!
Masen liked It!
And I thought it turned out cute too!
All of our kids are cookies monsters!!!  
And grandma makes them home made warm cookies almost every day!
 
stamp set: 'Nothings Better Than' (cookies & inside words); 'Happiest of Birthdays' (outside words) & 'Itty Bitty Greetings' (Happy Birthday words on inside)
card stock:
  • Misty Moonlight- 4 1/4 x 11"- score at 5 1/2"- fold in half for card base; 5 x 1/4"; 2 1/2 x 1/8" strips (x2) for balloon strings
  • Night of Navy- 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Whisper White- 2 3/4 x 5"- make starburst on this piece; 3 3/4 x 5"- for front of card- stamp words along the bottom; 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card; 2" strip- punch out 2 ballons; 2" strip- stamp cookies onto & die cut out
designer paper:  2020-2022 In Color DSP (Misty Moonlight)
ink:  Misty Moonlight, Memento, Soft Suede
other: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine; Love You More Than Dies; Balloon Bouquet Punch; 
 
I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment:

  1. Check out this step-by-step tutorial, including photos- on how to make this fun starburst card, using DSP! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete