Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Celebration Tidings

 Last night I needed to make a thank you card, so I decided to use this new 
Holiday Mini Catalog stamp set called- 'Celebration Tidings'.
And this simple card is what I ended up creating!
I like it & I hope you do too!
 
Check out the center of the card......this technique is called block stamping.
How did I do it?
  • Here I stamped the leaves using Early Espresso ink.
  • Then took the CLEAR BLOCK C.
  • I inked it into Crumb Cake ink.
  • I then pressed it down over the leaves.
  • And check out the neat rectangle shading I got by doing this.
Ink the CLEAR BLOCK C into Crumb Cake ink & press over the leaf stamped image.
This is what it looks like after stamped.
I colored the inside of these leaves with my Wink of Stella.
Since I used a water base ink, the Wink of Stella pulled out the 
Crumb Cake & Early Espresso inks

This is just a great fall 'thank you' card.  
And this 'Celebration Tidings' is a great all occasions stamp set!

stamp set:  'Celebration Tidings'
card stock:
  • Early Espresso- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- fold in half for card base; 1 1/2 x 4 1/4"; 2 3/4 x 3"
  • Crumb Cake- 3 3/4 x 5"; 3 3/4 x 1"- stamp words in center & punch both ends with Banners Pick A Punch
  • Whisper White- 2 1/2 x 2 3/4"- stamp leaves onto; 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card
designer paper:  In Good Taste DSP- 3 1/2 x 4 3/4"
inks:  Early Espresso & Crumb Cake
other:  Metallic Pearl (Gold); Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim; Wink of Stella; Clear Block C; Banners Pick A Punch; Dimensionals; Glue Dots

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

1 comment: