Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2018

'Buffalo Check' combined with 'Many Blessings'!

This is one of the cards for my September monthly classes. I used the 'Many Blessings' stamp set!!  
I combined it with the new 'Buffalo Check' background stamp, which I just love!  Doesn't it look super cute with these daisies!  It is sooo fallish!!!  Yeah- my favorite time of year!  I'm just lovin' all of the fun new things for fall in the new Holiday Catalog. 
And check out the NEW Corrugated Embossing Folder!!  It is awesome too!!!
stamp sets:  'Buffalo Check' & 'Many Blessings'
card stock:  
  • Thick Very Vanilla- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" - card base- score at 4 1/4" & fold in half
  • Basic Black- 2 3/4" Strip- to punch out Starburst Punc; 5 1/4 x 4"- card layer
  • Crumb Cake- 3 3/4 x 1"- stamp words onto the left edge of this; 4 1/4 x 2 1/4"- embossing with Corrugated Embossing Folder, 3 3/4 x 5"- stamp the 'Buffalo Check' background stamp onto this
  • Very Vanilla- 2 1/4" strip- to stamp flowers/vase onto, color & punch out using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 4 x 5 1/4"- stamp words onto for inside greeting
ink:  Black Memento
Stampin' Blends:  Light Old Olive, Light & Dark Crumb Cake, Dark Cajun Craze, Light & Dark Daffodil Delight
other:  Big Shot, Standard Platform, Corrugated Embossing folder, 1 3/4" Circle Punch Starburst Punch, Black Twine, dimensionals, glue dots. Wink of Stella

A TIP ABOUT USING THE CORRUGATED EMBOSSING FOLDER:  
When using the Corrugated Embossing folder I found that running it through so that the ripples go horizontally works the best.  If you run it through the other way it puts too much pressure on the ripples & they crack & break the card stock.  If you run it through your Big Shot horizontally & it cracks & breaks the ripples then add a piece of vellum card stock over the top of your card stock (inside your embossing folder).  This helps keep the paper from cracking!

++++++++
I have my September monthly class today with my N. Liberty group!!  Jenny is our hostess!  I can't wait to see everyone, share & stamp!!
I hope you have a SUPER Sunday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment