Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Shirt card- GO CUBS!!

 
Go Cubs Go!!

Our family are all big Cubs fans......even Ainslee can say 'Go Cubs'!  So for the twins (Brody & Drake's) birthday last week I made these cards for them! 
How did I do it?
  • First I made a template by taking a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of card stock, folded it in half & cut along the edge to made the sleeves & then cut the scoop at the top to make the neck of the shirt. 
  • Using a pencil, I lightly traced the shirt template onto a piece of Whisper White card stock that was 4 x 5 1/4".  
  • Using my Paper Snips I fussy cut along the pencil lines.
  • I then drew the stripes onto the shirt, using my Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write Marker.
  • I just used the straight edge of card stock.  
  • NOTE:  Be CAREFUL to not hurry in doing this, as you can smear the lines!! The edge of your card stock gets wet from multiple lines being drawn & then the marker is not a permanent ink & it does take a few seconds to dry. 
Check out the Cubs emblem I made using our stamps!

I used the 'Lined Alphabet' stamp set for the BIG C & then colored it in with my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker.  I then individually stamped the U B & S!
This one I made into a fun fold easel card!  Check out how it looks when it is opened up!  

stamp sets:  'Lined Alphabet' & 'Pick A Pennant'
card stock:  Blueberry Bushel, Whisper White
ink:  Real Red
Stampin' Write Marker: Real Red & Blueberry Bushel
other:  Everyday Label Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 1/2" Circle Punch, Dimensionals
++++++++++
I stamped all day yesterday!!!  Working on the kits for everyone that ordered the 'Blended Seasons' Bundle from me.  I have them bagged & ready for everyone to get when they join me to stamp at my monthly September classes this month.  Plus I made LOTS of other cards yesterday too!  I have tons of happy mail being sent out today!  Our mail lady has a whole box full to pick up when she gets here. 

We are up early this morning at 4:30 to sell hogs.  Hopefully the semi is on time so that we can get them loaded & the chores done.  Deke has a board meeting this morning & I need to get to Manda's in time to get the boys.  

There is no school today, so I'll be spending my day with the 3 Seeley boys & the 2 smaller Wood kids!  Tonight when they go home I'll be stamping all night.

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-

SUSIE



No comments:

Post a Comment