Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

A "Pop Through'" leaf card,using 'Falling For Leaves'!

Oh I love it!!!  Check out this fun fold card that I'm share here today. 

This is another one of the cards that everyone joining me at my September monthly classes made with me this week!  It is a fun "Pop Through" card.  And I used the awesome new fall stamp set called- 'Falling for Leaves' that is on page 45 in the Holiday Catalog. 

I made a dragonfly "Pop Through" card last April at my Spring Fling!  
You can SEE THAT CARD BY CLICKING HERE!
Using the Classic Label Punch I made a 'window' in the front of the card for the leaf to pop through.  Look at it as I'm opening it up.  It is pretty neat huh!
This is what it looks like when it is opened all of the way up!  The leaf shows on the front side for the car- BUT it is actually attached to the inside of the card.  You can use Tear & Tape or mini dimensionals to attach the leaf.  I tried both of them at my class & I decided that the Tear & Tape actually worked the best in my opinion! 
It is hard to see in the photo of this card, but I used the Champagne Shimmer Paint & rubbing alcohol to make a mist & I sprayed it on the front of the entire card.  It just glimmers!  And is oh so pretty!

stamp set:  'Falling for Leaves' & 'Artisan Textures'
card stock:
  • Early Espresso-4 1/4 x 5 1/2"- for card base; 3 3/4 x 1" to layer words onto
  • Crushed Curry- 8 x 4 1/2"- score at 4" & fold in half; 3 3/4" strip- to stamp leaf onto & cut out with framelit
  • Crumb Cake- 3 1/2 x 3/4"- to stamp words onto
  • Very Vanilla- 3 3/4 x 2"- to stamp words on the inside of the card
designer paper:
  • Tranquil Textures DSP- 4 x 3"
  • Country Lane DSP- 4 x 1/2" & 4 x 1/2"- to put along the bottom & top edge of the Early Espresso base card
ink:  Early Espressoother:  Natures' Twine (Crumb Cake), Classic Label Punch, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
+++++++++
WOW!!  What a whirl wind of a weekend!!!  It was full of LOTS & LOTS of stamp classes & me sharing some cute cards with lots of friends!

Yesterday was a great day of stamping!  I loved being able to share with everyone that joined me!  It was a great day!  Dixie, Diane & Kathy were great hostesses with yummy treats & they were great helpers to Ruth & me!  And I was super excited to get to meet a great line customer of mine from Virginia.  Her cousin has stamped with me for years in my Hiawatha group.  She connected the 2 of us via long distance, a few years ago.  Even though she lives in Virginia, we chat often by phone, text & emails.  She was in Iowa visiting her cousin this week & they both came to my stamp class yesterday!!  It was forsure a highlight of my day getting to meet her in person after all of this time.  What a special blessing stamping is in my life, as it has connected me with so many dear friends from near & far over the years.  

Last night when I got home, Deke was up to Nathan & Sarah's working on their driveway......so I went up to see everyone.  We stayed & ate a yummy steak supper with them & visited.  When I got home, I got my car unloaded, answered a few emails & called it a night!  I was just beat!

This morning we are up early.  I need to get stamp stuff from my weekend of stamping put away, so that everything is back in order for the kids to be here today!  Deke is off to chore & he'll head to the office for his weekly board meeting.  I'm off to Manda's soon to get the boys, take the twins to school & spend my day with the 3 little ones.  The twins will ride the bus here after school & then when everyone goes home I'll spend my night working on stamping stuff!!

I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment