Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentines Day!!

 
Wishing you all a very special day today- Happy Valentines Day!!

'Hey Love'- what a cute little stamp set this is!  Isn't this skunk just adorable!!!  The words in the set- Stinkin' Sweet sum it up perfectly!  This is a cute stamp set & a cute card too!

Look closely at the embossed hearts. How did I do that?  I used the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies, along with my Embossing Mat!!!  The Embossing Mats are awesome & work with any of your framelits- turning them into embossed images!!
Here you can see more closely how cool theses hearts look!
stamp set: 'Hey Love'
card stock:
  • Real Red-  5 1/2 x 8 1/2"- score at 4 1/4"- for card base; 4 1/4 x 2- piece to Emboss; 1 1/2" strip
  • Basic Black- 5 x 3 3/4"
  • Whisper White- 4 x 5 1/4"- for inside of card; 3 x 2"- for Tag Topper Punch
ink: Black Memento
Stampin' Blends: Real Red, Light & Dark Smoky Slate, Light Basic Black
other:   Big Shot, Standard Platform, Embossing Mat,  Be Mine Stitched Framelits, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Red 3/8" Ribbon (carry over from Holiday Catalog)- 4", Tag Topper Punch, dimensionals, glue dots
 ++++++++
Yesterday was a long day!!!  We were up really early.......and on the go.  Me & all 6 kids were together for awhile yesterday morning since school was delayed.  It was then late when Deke finally got in last night from working on the farm.  (And I hate cooking supper & eating really late too!)  This cold winter weather is getting us all down!  It is so hard on those that have to work out in & it is brutal for the poor animals too.  

Speaking of cold & animals I want to share this.......my heart was very sad last night when Deke said he heard on the radio how 40 head of cattle in Iowa were found dead due to weather & neglect.  They starved & froze to death.  Oh my gosh!!  I know how hard it is to have to work out in the cold.  And I know how much extra work it is to have to do this or that to get something done with this weather, when that is normally not that difficult.  Maybe that farmer couldn't get to his cattle due to the bad roads, piles of snow, maybe he didn't have any extra bales of hay to feed them?  Whatever the reason is- it still just breaks my heart for those poor animals & I can't believe that something somehow couldn't have been done for them.  They should not have died.  And then this makes me think of the many poor people all over that don't have food, clothing & someone to care for them too.  It sure makes me think about things & count my blessings- big and small!

This morning we'll be up bright & early again.  I want to hurry & walk & Deke is off to chore.  As Nathan & Sarah will be bringing their kids at 7- they are leaving on a trip to Wisconsin to snowmobile.  So we will have their kids for the next few days.  Deke will come back in & stay here with Masen & Ainslee while I go to town to get the Seeley boys & take Brayden, Brody & Drake to school & come back out home with Trey to spend my day with the 3 little ones.  

The maintainer finally got over our road late yesterday!!!  Woo Hoo!!  The snow drifts hopefully won't drift again over night.  The ice is still there- so they are still super slick!  HOPEFULLY it warms up some & melts some of the ice before we get the next round of predicted snow. 

Gotta run.......I hope you have a GREAT Valentines Day!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment